Author Topic: I ran AVG scan you sell and now tweaking will not open  (Read 12461 times)

Offline W827haneghan

• View Profile
I ran AVG scan you sell and now tweaking will not open
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:26:20 am »
I downloaded the updated version of your program . When I did there was a scan tool you recomed trying . this program from AVG did the scan and found three viruses . One of these viruses was contained in the tweaking program . When it's scan was finished the progrem froze . I had to use the task manager to close it . I then ran Tweaking and it did the first scan and I ran the first repair program and when it rebooted tweaking will not open .
I now went back to try to figure thing out and found that there are five processes of tweaking.exe running at once . I tried using the task manager to close them but they will not close I guess I will have to try to reboot again .
TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:38:56 am by W827haneghan »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: I ran AVG scan you sell and now tweaking will not open
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 08:03:08 am »
All I can say is that it was a false positives so have you send the file to AVG ?

Offline W827haneghan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:14:58 am »
No I did not , reimage repair froze before I could do anything .I used the task manager to get it to close . Now Windows can not uninstall the program .I went to the Reimage Repair folder and tried to delete it and as administrator I do not have access to this file . Now tweak will not open a window . When I checked the processes in the task manager there are six instances of Repair - Tweak.exe running right now and I can not close any of them .
How can I get this mess off of my computer ?
HELP ! HELP ! HELP !

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:38:22 am »
why you have "reimage software" reimage is a crap program and should not on any computer! https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169127-reimage-repair-false-detection/?hl=reimage

try this fix https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

and have you checked your computer for malware ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:43:40 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 10:55:58 am »
do you have any previous restore point? You probably need to restore the system before this ?

you can do restoring your system to an earlier restore point in safe mode as I think !
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:59:18 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline W827haneghan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 02:23:28 pm »
The microsoft program did not help . Neither Reimage Repair or Tweaking showed up on the list of programs it found .I have Spyhunter 4 and it Found 89 unwanted programs after installing your software .
I have Reimage Repair on my computer because when I opened Tweaking this morning it said there was an updated version available . So , I used the link in your tray icon to go to your website . Once there the first thing I found was a download for Reimage Repair and a recomendation from your site that I should install and run it before I updated Tweaking .I now find this to be very poor advice .
Reimage Repair and Tweaking neither one show up in the programs and features section of the control panel .

Offline W827haneghan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 03:15:17 pm »
I removed all traces of Reimage Repair and Tweaking from my computer . I then reinstalled Tweeking . When I started the program I tried to check for updates but keep getting an -online version error - message .
What do I do now ?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 02:12:43 am »
I have Reimage Repair on my computer because when I opened Tweaking this morning it said there was an updated version available . So , I used the link in your tray icon to go to your website . Once there the first thing I found was a download for Reimage Repair and a recomendation from your site that I should install and run it before I updated Tweaking .I now find this to be very poor advice .
Reimage Repair and Tweaking neither one show up in the programs and features section of the control panel .

aha so you simply click an ad on Shane’s website ? reimage isn’t even Shane’s program , neither heard of it that was a  Shane’s program Related so you already click on Google ad (a download for reimage ?) and you’ve should never click an ad on any websites Because of the risks of adware/malware downloading pages! so you are Probably infected ! have you run both adware cleaner and JRT to make sure your pc is clean ? give it a try with Mbam https://www.malwarebytes.org/

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

http://thisisudax.org/

I removed all traces of Reimage Repair and Tweaking from my computer . I then reinstalled Tweeking . When I started the program I tried to check for updates but keep getting an -online version error - message .
What do I do now ?

then you are using the full installer version of Tweaking software ? correct ? and what the error code can you post the error code or make a screenshot so Shane can help you more my !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 02:58:04 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 01:46:21 am »
Once there the first thing I found was a download for Reimage Repair and a recomendation from your site that I should install and run it before I updated Tweaking .I now find this to be very poor advice .

It says advertisement right above it :-)

Google controls the ads, I dont get any and I mean any say in it lol

But the thing to remember is most sites dont ever have the download link at the very top of the page, they have details of the thing you about to download and then the download button. Plus my program is called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair. The word reimage isnt any where int here. Remember to scroll the page! :cheesy:

What do I do now ?

My program shouldnt give a msg like that, can you post a screen shot of it so I can see what you are seeing?

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 02:49:31 am »
Hi, Moreover I would advise the author of this thread not to use AVG. It kills some system files and you would lose the sound also.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline W827haneghan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 01:49:42 pm »
I found that AVG can do a command line scan in safe mode . When I ran this it found a lot of stuff and removed it . That helped a lot of my problems . Tweaking.com windows repair finally is able to run completly through the program . My computer is working better but it still has problems . I might need to start another thread on that .
thank you for your help .