Author Topic: Update from WR 3.6.1 PRO to 3.6.3 seems to have reset my Reg Backup settings  (Read 6473 times)

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
Have just updated from WR 3.6.1 to 3.6.3 and noticed that my settings have been changed to the defaults in Registry Backup (I did have the program set to only do 1 auto backup per day and always to run under System Account, but these seem to have reverted to default settings).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:36:01 am by Still_Game »
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
- Did you install WR in the same folder or in a different/new (sub-)folder ?
- 1 copy per day is the default setting.
- RB tells you that it has reverted back to running under the/a User Account but RB hasn't change the info in Task Scheduler (TS). So, you need to manually change that setting once more to make the TS info consistent with what RB tells you.

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
- Did you install WR in the same folder or in a different/new (sub-)folder ?
- 1 copy per day is the default setting.
- RB tells you that it has reverted back to running under the/a User Account but RB hasn't change the info in Task Scheduler (TS). So, you need to manually change that setting once more to make the TS info consistent with what RB tells you.

I just updated WR via the update options within the program itself and it installed to the default folder, I guess - as I remember, it didn't give me any choice of folder. I'll modify RB task scheduler as you suggest - thanks for your feedback.
Iain

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Well crap, I had the settings.ini file in the update for the registry backup when it shouldnt have been. So when you did the update it overwrote it. I just removed it, so it wont happen again on the next update :-)

Thanks for letting me know.

Shane

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
Well crap, I had the settings.ini file in the update for the registry backup when it shouldnt have been. So when you did the update it overwrote it. I just removed it, so it wont happen again on the next update :-)

Thanks for letting me know.

Shane

Thanks for letting me know, Shane - thought I was having another senior moment. Great software, BTW - just applied the performance tweeks - made a significant improvement to my old laptop.

Thanks again,

Iain
Iain