Author Topic: require help please two issues  (Read 19571 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: require help please two issues
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 04:24:40 pm »
When you right click on the Taskbar and select Properties, is the Aero Peek box checked ?

The thing is with bad sectors on the HDD, there's no way of telling what is affected and if this is the cause of the WU problem.

Are you still going to get the new 1TB HDD and have you managed to create a set of Recovery disks ?

Probably best to create a full external system image as well, should the corruption be in the D: Recovery partition and the Recovery disks could be corrupt.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »
It looks like Win 7 has a built in Aero Troubleshooter https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976170

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2015, 11:24:33 pm »
okay so if your aero box is checked change the layout because they will dumb it down to windows 7 basic theme. click on the aero theme. Took me a few moments to think where to look after my buddy was having activation issues. lol let me know if that does the trick. sounds basic but stumped me for a little haha.
your windows update can be fixed once you move your os to another hdd. the reason why i say this is because if your hdd is failing it's better to get everything on a new hdd as oppose to fixing it first then transferring to only have it corrupted once again and having to spend more time fixing it again.
sfcfix pointed out your first main issue with updating windows "WARNING: Failed to check store directories with return code 1 and error code ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND. COMPONENTS hive may be corrupt."

here is a step by step way to fix this
  • if you can connect this hdd to another windows 7 computer via sata or via usb " open regedit on the working pc. In the registry editor, highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and then go to File and Load Hive. Find the file that is “missing or corrupt” , and choose to load that. It will be in (Driveletter)\Windows\System32\Config, (not C:) and will be called just Components. Regedit will ask you to name the hive,(name it what ever you want i use "corrupted")
    Regedit will say “One or more files containing the registry were corrupt and had to be recovered by use of log files. The recovery was successful.” Now you need to Un-load that hive, so highlight the "corrupted" hive that you can now see under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and go to File Unload Hive. and that should be it!
Julian

Offline xenon1nonex1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 10:34:01 pm »
many thanks for your continual support
there is just to much to back up  so i will go abour seeing if i have back up programs to all i want
the problem will be trying to transfer all the email dats for their incredmail program
 once finished them a new hard drive and re start again
the other small problem the original activation numbers are now useless   so  what program would be the best to reactivate them :)

all areo boxes dont show any detail onlay the borders colors
so hitting on them has no value exceprt to change the background color

the last section step by step is rather confusibg  like go to file hive, ??

is there a program or a method to realy clean out the regitary of old unused programs and there bits left  after undelete
I know there are a huge lot  and whaist they dont give a problem it would be nice to have a real clen reg to restart
 regards bob
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:52:56 pm by xenon1nonex1 »