Main Forum > General Computer Support

Repairing broken apps in Windows 10 Bug.

(1/7) > >>

Julian:
EDIT: in windows 10 Version 10.0.10586.318 the Powershell command works!!! Finally Microsoft fixed it! So that means the next version of windows repair will have it back on  :cheesy:

Currently in Windows 10 (1511) 10.0.10586 Powershell is having issues with this command it is a bug that is affecting and deleting apps Shane already removed the command from running when it checks which version of windows you are running. This bug is only known to be on windows 10 with the newly released update.

Here is the command That is causing this issue please be weary when running this command I recommend not running this until there is a patch for it.
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
I'll be updating this when I know for sure Microsoft notices that there is a bug in the "Get-appXPackge" and patches Window's 10 so that this issue no longer exist's
here are the snapshot's of what it looks like.
(side note this command is a built in command to Windows)

RobC:
Even with a fix the broken apps will stay broken. What are the chances MS will fix it to recover the apps without requiring a clean install? Would a reset be the proper way to fix it and what is the best procedure to make it easy to restore settings and devices?

Julian:
okay so if you do it individually each app it looks like it will work so far. here is a command to fix just the start menu if the start menu is not working on windows 10.

--- Code: ---Get-appxpackage -all shellexperience -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
--- End code ---

clayto:
I have been struggling with this issue for some time, most of my Microsoft apps have failed, plus some others. I have tried a variety of fixes, none of which have worked. I have been hoping Microsoft would soon issue a solution, I am very reluctant to attempt a refresh/reset/reinstall. So I am relieved to have found this forum and thread, as I feel if I keep returning here I will eventually see the answers I need.

clayto:
I came across this --- I cant remember where. Simple, but doesn't Refresh remove many of your programs / apps? I don't want to do that.

If someone has the same problem do the following:
 Open CMD as Admin
 Then Type in:"shutdown /r /o"
 Wait about 20sec
 It will now get you to the Advanced Recovery of Windows
 After That click on Troubleshooting and click on Refresh my PC.
 Wait for it to do its thing about 10min.
 And your apps should work now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version