Author Topic: My mouse getting power off while running windows, there by hangs computer  (Read 22415 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                The problem is of recent one. While i was browsing or doing a virus scan by panda, suddenly mouse disappears. One or two times, i tried unplugging and re plugging. It worked. Suddenly it stopped working totally . I could not do anything but force power off to reboot.
                  On reboot, it took its natural disk check to boot and my mouse is back in action. I could see it is powered. Why this behaviour? Is it anything drivers update connected issue. But normally it is working and it is original logitech mouse recently changed.
                        How could a device could auto switch off
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My mouse getting power off while running windows, there by hangs computer
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:57:17 am »
I use a Logitech wireless mouse and sometimes that can knock itself off for no apparent reason and re-plugging usually does the job, but occasionally I have to reseat the battery as it doesn't seem that snug a fit and with use have thought it gets sufficiently dislodged so as to not provide full power.

That may be it for you as well - the battery could also be due a change as well ?

Also ensure that the eye is clear of any dust/fluff.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 08:07:51 am »
Hi, when i click the mouse in cntl panel it gives error message. But there is no yellow asteriks in device manager on mice controllers

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:26:03 am »
Can you go into Devices and Printers and right click on the icon and select Troubleshoot to see what that reports.

I used to have a mouse icon but that now just shows as the USB receiver.

What was the error message ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 08:37:25 am »
The error message is
  unable to connect to the synaptics point device driver  etc etc

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 09:00:39 am »
See what Troubleshoot finds for it then, but you could right click on it in Device Manager - select Properties and it should report its status under the General tab and if it isn't working then it will give an error code.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »
Hi, I cannot use the trouble shoot, as i do not have any menu while right click on device and printers. But on device manager, is shown as HID compliant mouse and shows as working properly.
then what would have been the reason for sudden disappearance and power off automatically. Is power option anything to do with it?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 10:55:47 pm »
Hi, Boggins, In a way i checked and noted that i have logitech m100r mouse. The driver for the same fromsynaptics com gives nearly 100 mb size.  Should i download that driver? for mouse function. Moreover, i tried startup menu enabling of this driver in msconfig. But the same error. There was ELan previously loaded, but now does not show . The device manager shows, it as HID compliant mouse and msft driver .
the link is here:
http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:08:55 pm by jraju »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 11:18:46 pm »
My mouse is logitech m100r mouse. Which driver should i download.Synaptic device driver for my win 7 comes to about 120 mb. Do i need this driver. I found that i have the synaptic device driver of 46 mb in my control panel, programs and features. pl advise.
                                   Why it was loaded by technician , i do not know. Then i was having the same mouse. Show me the link, to where i have to download. Then i uninstall this driver , synaptics, and download the lotitech mouse drivers
found in this page
http://support.logitech.com/en_in/product/m100r

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 12:39:42 am »
If you are using an OEM laptop then you should only download the Synaptics drivers from your computer support site and not the generic ones from the link you posted.

Those are for your touchpad.

You don't need to download any drivers for your Logitech mouse either as when you first plug it in, Logitech installs its own download manager.

To refresh the drivers all you need to do is to unplug the USB receiver - wait for the disconnect sound and then plug it back in.

If the mouse continues to drop out and you've renewed the battery and ensured the eye is clean, then it may be time for a new mouse.

When mine started doing that, it was still under warranty so I was able to exchange it and it has never happened with the new one unless the battery has become a little dislodged where I then just refit/renew it.

I have a M235 2nd Gen Unifying mouse for each of my two laptops.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 12:42:56 am »
Should i change the battery now? How, what is eye of the mouse? These are new terms that i hear. pl. i am trying driver update.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 12:51:51 am »
The "eye" is the sensor on the underside of the mouse.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 01:02:21 am »
Hi, What is battery . Should i check my opening the mouse part.
                   Please see this. Here i download my latest driver for hid compliant mouse logitech. I tried microsoft . It did not allow me saying that it is not suitable to your system. Then i downloaded this and it quietly installed successfully and i could see the update version date and no in device manager. Hope that i do not have any problem now that i have got the latest driver.
http://www.drivermax.com/driver-download/0/Mouse/Logitech/HID-compliant+Mouse
sidenote: This is the site i now find most of the updated drivers. I downloaded this drivermax update driver and run the tool. I was shown, that all my drivers, including mother board drivers need to be updated. When i select one for sure that it is the same, it installed successfully. The first choice was ethernet drivers. Then i again ran the tool and selected the other. POPUP telling that i could use only one drive update in free tool.
                        What i did was to note down the updated driver version shown in the analysis. Went to this site and downloaded the drivers, plenty available without any tool bar, one by one by giving the version number found in the analysis. You have to choose for your system . Thats all. I found all the drivers. If i choose the wrong driver, it would not allow you to install and failed install would be the message. I went for search of drivers for my logitech for win 7 and got it here

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:49 am »
Yes, you slide the cover off the underside of the mouse - in there, there is also a compartment to store the USB receiver for easy transport.

How long have you had this mouse that you have never changed the battery ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 01:12:02 am »
Hi, Just 8 months back.
                        Should i change the battery often. I thought the power to the mouse is given by the connection from usb port in the computer. So, where to look for battery in the mouse? Did you see my latest post in which i gave you the link for download.
                              It is the site without any toolbar or suspicious.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 01:43:11 am »
The battery powers the mouse to connect to the USB receiver - it's a bit like you need a wireless adapter fitted in the computer to pick up the SSID broadcast by the router.

When you first got the mouse there will have been a piece of paper sticking out from the battery compartment that you would need to remove before you could use the mouse - that prevents the battery from being in use before sale even though it has an on/off switch on the underside.

As for how often you should change the battery, that can I suppose depend on usage and the quality of the battery, although the battery that comes with the mouse, you could expect that to last for perhaps a year - but it doesn't hurt to change that as a first step to trouble shooting.

I use Duracell batteries for everything I have that needs batteries.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 01:47:00 am »
hi, Thanks Boggin.
                        did you download the latest mouse drivers for you. It auto download the drivers , the first update only from window updates. The latest are not supplied to msoft by these companies. I presume.
So, you could safely download the logitech drivers for your mouse in the link i suggested.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 02:07:35 am »
I only download drivers if I'm having problems with those I have installed, but as I've said, you can refresh those simply by unplugging/re-plugging the USB receiver so there's no need to download afresh.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 07:37:16 pm »
Hi, If you refresh by plugging out and in, you get the old drivers only. This is my experience. The driver that was supplied to msoft, and which is being installed on plugging. For recent drivers, you have to go to the vendors site or other third party.
                       I tried . Unplugged and re plugged. The drivers were installed and i went to the properties to note that driver version date is dated back to 25006.
                            I downloaded from the site above, and i checked the version. It is june 2015. This is for your kind information.
                            It is also to be noted that even drivers update programs are not updating mouse drivers.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 05:13:16 am »
Hi, When i am thinking of adding solved to this topic title, the problem once again came in the way.
           I was lucky to get back after i plugged it in other usb port. But , the problem is , if this is in a middle of session, like opened tabs, downloading some, scanning some, you get no idea how to close the pc except forced closure. If that is attempted, then it auto chkdsk, and then boot ofcourse, but it is opening all the tabs there by hanging itself without giving you much to think.
             If one is such a situation, can key board be used to access the opened minimized tab at the centre of the status bar, below. Please give idea so that it would immensely help me from this problem.
              How to use tab or any keyboard short cut to fix this error. But everything seemed hanging. Even cont alt del to force open the task manager did not work. Pl

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 09:06:10 am »
This tutorial is for Win 7 but see if you can sort out your USB Controllers - else go to your computer or motherboard support site and download the chipset drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html

This article may help in using the keyboard, but not sure if it would work if your computer is freezing up.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000542.htm

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 04:54:05 pm »
hI, boggins,
                   I tried your link steps. But i could not find any infcache.1 in my computer. But i do admit that i get more than 15 usb hidden as faded and also when i click the properties, it says no driver is availabel code 45 wrong pl advise

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 08:32:36 pm »
Search items did not show infcache. But anyhow found in the driver folder in system 32 and accordingly moved to desktop. again restarted the computer , went to device manager and then clicked view, show hidden devices, and found some devices as faded. Just selected each one of them and uninstalled and rebooted the system. Now went to the driver folder in system 32, but no infcache.1 recreated. Thought of copying the moved file from desktop. But tried to insert the canon scan usb. First it popped to show installing drivers for device, first from preconfigured driver folder (probably denoting the driver folder) and after searched for drivers from windows updates, failing, again went to preconifugred folder and then installed the device driver. Now, i could see the freshly created infcache.1 in that folder, but the file size is less. This may be probable because of removal of all the usb devices and moving the file infcache.1
                         Now i checked the device manager, and found that all the Faded devices are no more present.
                         Boggin, 1. Why there is faded device shown , more than 10 in numbers in different category of usb controllers. Thanks to your link .
                                       2. How this could be reason for strange behaviour of mouse vanishing while browsing.
                                          Mouse is vanishing particularly when scan is demanded and when something is downloading. Why. Some times, the mouse pointer is there in the screen, but i could not move , as the mouse becomes dead.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 01:45:03 am »
With a new INFCACHE.1 folder you are starting with a clean slate - so to speak.

Do you have any other wireless devices close by - possibly a cordless phone base, but it could be anything related that may disrupt the signal.

On the other hand, it may well be that your mouse is on its last legs and it's time to get another.

Do you have an USB wired mouse that you could plug in or perhaps borrow one to see if you get the same problem.

Have you downloaded the chipset drivers ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 01:52:15 am »
Hmm. I have told you that i checked all my driver updates with driver max.
                  of course, why this behaviour of mouse point just present in the screen, but your mouse could not pull it.
                             should not i update mouse drivers from the logitech vendor?
                                 I tried as a last resort , system restore and successfully restored to 20.12.2015.
                                   Why there were faded devices in usb mass storage controllers.