Author Topic: Access denied log reports  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Amadeus

• View Profile
Access denied log reports
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:26:43 am »
The last few times Tweaking was run (over the last couple of months) a consistent set of logged 'access denied' errors shows up in the manifest. Checking the logs going back to last April up until ~December 1st of 2015 there were no error logs.

Security Software is Norton Security and Vipre. Malwarebytes is manually run occasionally as are a couple of other AV/AM programs. They have always been on my systems over the years as an additional check on system security.

There are system errors that consistently occur in recent weeks - for example, loss of sound, anchored programs not showing up in the task bar, and programs that will not start. Most of these are fixed when the Tweaking program is run (in safe mode). After a few days the problems start cascading again.

The most likely cause of all of this is...well, no doubt my own fault.  :rolleyes: Comes from 40+ years of being around computers.

Suggestions about what needs to be done to correct the problems are most welcome.

-Mike

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Access denied log reports
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:11:58 am »
have you run a chkdsk /f in cmd yet? when you do what you want to look for is to make sure there is 0kb in the bad sectors.
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:57:03 pm »
Is Vipre just a scanner or an AV program in its own right and what other AV/AM programs are you running ?

Systems can bog down when running more than one antivirus program.

makinero

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:45:56 pm »
I would recommend my favorite tool. It can be a help. :)

Kerish Doctor 2016 also features the largest database of the most common Windows problems, letting you fix them with just a click. All unresolved problems appear in a list.

Code: [Select]
Full Scan (Recommended)
Includes all available objects for the diagnosis.

AND

Solving PC Problems (Tools)
Code: [Select]
chosing to fix the most common problems
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:51:24 pm by makinero »