Author Topic: Solved how to avoid the blacklist ip of the service provider in login  (Read 21882 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, It is nothing secret, that ISP gives global ip to its users, and users without any fault on their side, sometimes get the message, that your ips is blacklisted by ... sites, and please answer this question in some sites, and without getting any solution in some other sites.
                    I mean, due to the risk of having static ips, no user prefers static ips, and prefer dynamic ips. But the user is not having any control on the global ips alloted to them during different log in session.
Moreover ISPs normally do not give that much importance to the blacklisted ips, from which spam message flood and spam sites black list them.
                   So for some third parties play, the genuine users are affected .
                   Is there a way out, or software, which would alert one of blacklisted ips or genuine ips. I do not know, if the crooks , will change those also from time to time in an effort to be invisible.
                 Please give me the solution;
                 To become a member of spam filter sites, also a problem because it does not direct to their original sites, but neighbouring state sites, which we do not know anything and also it involves the IP given by ISP
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:07:09 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, It is abundantly known fact that if one is allotted a blacklisted ip, then whatever security measures one takes would be of futile attempt.
                  Having goog av, malware scan, etc, etc would not prevent , if one has to log in to affected ips. Are there no cure for this.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You would need to take this up with your ISP or change to another provider.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
J, Depending on your plan you may be able to get a free static IP address.... :smiley:

http://bsnlcollections.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/bsnl-offers-free-chargeable-static-ip.html

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                 There is much risk involved in getting static ip address. Do not you think so? Dynamic ip address is best advised as tracing is somewhat difficult. Ofcourse, it is to be with ISP.
                  Is the spam filters list as blacklist only on the mail they send thro, the compromised computer ips. So there must be some way to filter these through the respective mail filters.
                 Or is it applicable to all the things, other than emails.
                  If the external ip could be got by the persons, thro some means, then it is centre of attack of all kinds of flooding of mails and whatnot. Is int?
                  I will definitely write to my ISP, but i think there is a kind of limitation as, so many organisations are blocking different sites.
                  Is there a way out of this?
                  Those who are geting static ip are exposing themselves to the attackers,

Offline Samson

• View Profile
No difference in security between static or dynamic if you have a decent firewall and security setup. The advantage to you in getting an unblacklisted static IP address (possibly free) from your ISP is self-explanatory.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, The  tech guy warns me not to get static ip address. They say targeting static ip is easy than targeting dynamic.
                Ofcourse, they sell static, ip address only to be targeted easily by the arrow ers.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Hi, The  tech guy warns me not to get static ip address. They say targeting static ip is easy than targeting dynamic.
                Ofcourse, they sell static, ip address only to be targeted easily by the arrow ers.

"Unfortunately this is a misconception, you are just as likely to be targeted by a wanabee hacker if you are on a dynamic IP. They get hold of an ISP's range of IP's and scan all IP's within that range looking for a vulnerable machine."

Full article here.... http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/staticIP.htm

I have a dynamic Ip address from my ISP, but this has remained constant for nearly 3 months, so effectively it is a short term static address  :wink:  No problems, the usual port scan attempts from the usual suspects, the PLA, our friends in Virginia etc...But a strong firewall and security keeps 'em out.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Please see this
re there any disadvantages?

While the benefits do outweigh the problems of having a static IP address, a few issues should be noted:

Hacker risk - Having the same IP address all the time means that once hackers have your number they can keep on attacking. Dynamic addresses change all the time making it more difficult to get into your PC. However, using a router and firewall will help to block access to your computer.

Keeping your connection running  - If you're using your PC as a server to run a website, receive emails, run an FTP site or a gaming server, you need to make sure that it's on all the time. Any time it isn't connected to the internet will result in lost access to sites running from your server.

FTP security  - If your clients are downloading sensitive or confidential files from your FTP site, you need to consider the security issues as files and passwords are in clear text and easier hack.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
The real point here is that a dynamic IP is not working for you.

You are paying for the sins of previous users when you get a dynamic IP that has been blacklisted. I just offered a possible solution of using a non blacklisted static IP, or you could go the proxy route, or you can just hope that when your dynamic IP is renewed that you get a clean non blacklisted one, but you won't know that until you try it out (and then maybe find it another blacklisted one.

If you find that you have a "good" one, you can set your router to "keep Alive" the connection (I do this, hence my dynamic IP has remained constant for ages), so that you will keep the same IP regardless of logging off/ on to your PC.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I still think that you should give your ISP an earful to sort this out.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, samson,
                   That could not be . Your dynamic ip address always changes. An ip would have been given to you for the gateway specific. That would not change, but your global ip is changing in any event. That is for sure. It is changing for every log on.
                   Normally, The ISP gives a range of ip as gateway ip specific to log in from the pool of numbers.
Do you mean to say that your dynamic ip never changes for years. Then it looses the term dynamic. Probably you are having a static ip

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Hi, samson,
                   That could not be . Your dynamic ip address always changes. An ip would have been given to you for the gateway specific. That would not change, but your global ip is changing in any event. That is for sure. It is changing for every log on.
                   Normally, The ISP gives a range of ip as gateway ip specific to log in from the pool of numbers.
Do you mean to say that your dynamic ip never changes for years. Then it looses the term dynamic. Probably you are having a static ip

It is dynamic, but in my router I have set the idle timeout to "0", therefore it is kept alive regardless of login/ logouts, it only gets renewed if I reboot the router, which I do from time to time (usually after router firmware updates). I have not done this for about 3 months and so my IP address has remained constant. It IS dynamic, but the way I have configured it makes it into a "short term static IP."  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, New concept i like to hear more.
                  router boot: do you mean , you set something in the router/modem to 0 and so there was no change in the dynamic ip. would you share? what that means?
                  You say that you will only boot the router to update firmware. So that means, you say that after some settings, there is a setting to save the current settings configuration, which will progress from 0 to 100 and then save the current settings, if any change is made. or is it something different.
                     So you are not being allotted global ip on every log in
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:30:57 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
In my router there is a setting "Idle Timeout", which, if set to "0", means the connection is always on, regardless of login / logouts. This is a Netgear. Other makes/ models of router use terms like "Idle Timeout" or "Keep Alive".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Just seeing one net gear settings on idle time. Will report back

Offline Samson

• View Profile
So you are not being allotted global ip on every log in

It remains the same, because the connection has always been on.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Mine is also set by default , continuous and idle time at 0

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Mine is also set by default , continuous and idle time at 0

I don't see a "0" there... the box is blank..."continuous" looks greyed out, like those PPP settings are only available with "specified" setup, yours looks like "auto" to me?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:16:02 am by Samson »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
No, If i choose edit settings, the 0 is visible at idle time, and the continuous means, i think, no break. There are other options as well, on demand  and manual. The default or configurer set it as that. But the point, is , i am getting different global ip on each log in. So, i raised the question of how to safeguard from blacklisted ips.
                      Your global ip is definitely different on log ons. Do you mean the ip that was given to the IP address column by your ISP? in the adapter settings or router settings. global ip is entirely different , i presume. It is how the outworld sees as your machine ip

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Yes, I understand, my "Global IP" remains the same, regardless of login/ logouts.

J, none of this will be much good if your ISP continues to serve up blacklisted IP addresses anyway. Like Boggin suggested, give'em "an earful to sort this out", they should be resolving this.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, The main problem is that Some sites list those black listed as "not" and some says that they are. There are almost 40 to 50 spam filters site, which have their own filters.
                 How could you say they are reliable results. Which spam filter is universally accepted ones? and could individual computer, not server , could be registered to save or alert in the log on sessions.
                Samson, I have approached even ask leo, which the moderator says, that the spam filters also behave wrongly and so many filters sprung up recently without any kind of guard, and instead list one black and then ask them to make the registration to remove from blacklisted.
                 When you do not have the control over global ip, which is assigned on logons, how this could be possible. He will remove one time. The next time , the log on ip changes, and you must ask him to remove.  This is a pertinent issue and ISP says, that so many wanted the restrictions they set to be removed, so that they could get torrents etc..etc..
                   Samson, do you mean to say that eventhough, the idle time is set to 0, the global ip could change, then what it is for? Please expecting answers to the above

Offline Samson

• View Profile
How IPs are blacklisted? I have no idea what criteria is used by different filters, or which are the commonly used ones, sometimes whole IP pools are blacklisted, some even block whole countries!

If your idle time/ keep alive is set so that your internet connection is always on then your IP address should remain constant....unless..

1. You reboot your router....Do you keep your router turned on 24/7?

Or

2. Your ISP, BSNL, has their own "Time To Live" for the IP addresses that they issue. Perhaps because they have a limited number of IP addresses to share out?

I can only tell you about my experience. My ISP, TalkTalk in the UK, does not seem to have a "Time to Live" for IP addresses. I leave my router on 24/7. I have my idle timeout set to "0". My IP address remains constant regardless of login/ logout cycles, unless I reboot my router, when I get assigned a new IP address.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Do you mean to say that you keep your router/ modem always on 24x7. on power on mode

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Is there anything missing in my reply. Is router different from modem. I use ,well you know well that adsl modem. I power off when i do not use the internet