Author Topic: SCREENSHOT INTO NEW MESSAGE? - Using Windows 10  (Read 6357 times)

Offline GB

• View Profile
SCREENSHOT INTO NEW MESSAGE? - Using Windows 10
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »
How do I get a screenshot into the New Message envelope here at tweaking.com?

The only thing I know to do is to hit the PrintScreen key and paste the copy into Word or the body of an outgoing email. Tried to copy and paste all from Word (.docx file - text with the image inserted), but only the text got transferred into the New Message envelope. Also tried using the Windows Snipping Tool which creates a .jpg file, but I can't copy and paste that image into the New Message envelope at this site either.

I see a gazillion screenshots in the messages at this forum, so it must be an easy routine to learn. A few words of direction for this ignoramus appreciated.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:04:48 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SCREENSHOT INTO NEW MESSAGE? - Using Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:09:00 am »
Below the message box there is an Attachments box - click on Browse - go to the Pictures library - Open - select the picture then click on Open and the attachment will appear in the posted message as this one is of my disk management.

You cannot see the attachment in the message preview and it will only appear when the message is posted.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:12:11 am by Boggin »

Offline GB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:25:05 am »
Thank you for the help. I'm still unclear on exactly how to get the message properly completed before sending to the forum.

1. Do I enter my text message into the box to appear before and after using the "Attache: choose File" feature to insert the screenshot/image?

2. Can I use the attachment feature to insert the entire message (including text and screenshot/image) by attaching a .doc or .docx file?

3. There is an "Insert Image" icon above the message box which I have tried to use without success. What is its purpose?

Explaining that the screenshot/image does not show in the Preview before finally posting to the forum opens the door for me to try and produce a coherent message. Much obliged.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:53 am »
I've never tried that insert image.

I normally write my post then attach the pic afterwards and hope it appears in the reply box :)