Author Topic: windows 10 start menu critical error fix?  (Read 6626 times)

Offline LlamaLord

• View Profile
windows 10 start menu critical error fix?
« on: May 18, 2016, 06:45:01 am »
Was wondering if there we will some kind of fix for these error with the repair app.  Seems Microsoft does not have anything to really fix this problem...i have checked out everything but nothing works other than a system reset as of right now. 

Anyone else ever get this problem?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: windows 10 start menu critical error fix?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 10:04:09 am »
I assume you've already tried booting up into safe Mode then back into normal mode ?

How about uninstalling your AV program to see if that fixes after a reboot it then reinstall it - or creating another admin account ?

Offline LlamaLord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:15:43 am »
Yeah i have tried all that...

Tried the shell commands...Uninstall AV...Safe Mode...Even uninstalled the most recent update windows install KB3156421 started happing after that was installed...

Going to just reset it for now.

Seen this twice in the same office not sure what it could be but it's a common problem it seems like after googleing the hell out of it lol

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 10:32:42 am »
It does seem like a common problem with just suggestions that have worked for some but not others.

It took MS seven months to fix the apps cmd crash that Threshold2 brought about - they may eventually get around to fixing this one.

I still believe that MS should never have released Win 10 while it is still in a beta version, but they seemed to want to put as much distance between themselves and Win 8/8.1 as quickly as possible.

Offline LlamaLord

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 10:54:59 am »
Yeah it's sad...I have had little problem with my computer but others...have had some big problems...

I even ran the newest Windows Repair seeing how with this the change log

The Repair Windows 8/10 App Store has been re-enabled for Windows 10! In the May 2016 update to Windows 10 Microsoft finally fixed the 7 month old bug where calling the powershell commands to install the apps would break a large portion of them. Now that this has been fixed I have enabled the repair for Windows 10 again. The minimum build number Windows 10 must have for the repair to work is 10586.318 or higher, anything lower and the program will skip the repair.

Hoping that would maybe work as well...Seems a few things failed...I will post the log to see what happen with it.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 11:29:17 am »
You can use the program to boot you into Safe Mode with Networking but if you get a red cross on the WiFi icon, you may or not have the Internet access that WR requires for Win 10 as it will need to go online - however, you can wire up as a safeguard/workaround.