Author Topic: Windows Repair download opened, but nowhere to be found  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Laromba

• View Profile
Windows Repair download opened, but nowhere to be found
« on: June 08, 2016, 03:31:28 pm »
6/8/2016

Hello, I really hope that you can help!

I am working from Windows 10, and 3 days ago received an error code (0xc0000005) when trying to access Google Chrome. After several attempts I uninstalled it and when I tried to reinstall it, I received the same error code.
Now, I cannot open any download...all I receive is the same code.
I had a feeling that my computer had/has some intruders within it as there is a LOT of activity and administrators for just little ole me. The only thing that works is Microsoft Edge...and not well.
I just thought I would add in a back story as to what brought me to seek out your program.

I was SO excited that the &*:"ing code didn't pop up after the download and was able to "open" (so I seemed) your program. The problem is that I cannot find it in my computer! The setup download is still there, but the program is MIA.
HELP! Please?!
It would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks 

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:33:47 pm by Laromba, Reason: date »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair download opened, but nowhere to be found
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:50:41 pm »
Boot up into Safe Mode with Networking and run a scan with the ESET Free Online Scanner.

https://www.eset.com/int/home/online-scanner/

Check the two boxes then click on Advanced and check those boxes, although I don't think you need to bother with the Proxies one and Archives is optional and would extend the scan time.

Windows Repair can't fix anything if an infection is still present, but you could also consider a repair install after the ESET scan if your system is badly screwed.

There's a section in this article that deals with a repair install - http://www.alphr.com/microsoft/1002578/how-to-fix-the-windows-10-start-menu

After the ESET scan, download Windows Repair again as infections can block downloads.

If you still have problems with the download then try it in Safe Mode with Networking.

Offline Laromba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:06:44 pm »
Thank you so your quick reply!!!
Although I haven't been able to get my network to work in Safemode (yes, Safemode with networking option is clicked), I will follow your steps.
Cross you fingers!

Thank you again!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 04:14:39 pm »
In Win 10 to get networking in Safe Mode you sometimes need to use Ethernet which is what MS advise.