Author Topic: Computer does not connect to network or internet, get device mgr error 31  (Read 10395 times)

Offline mikethekey

• View Profile
Computer does not connect to network or internet, get device mgr error 31 on the network drivers for the network devices .  I also get the following error when I tried to open task scheduler "user_feed_synchronization [75f21ae7-4482-4183-a12e-5c82b8-13cf45]--task image corruption or tampered with". Ran your computer repair v1.8.0 did--it did some repairs, but did not solve the problem.   :confused:   
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:37:50 am by mikethekey »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Have you uninstalled the network card drivers and reinstalled them yet?

Shane

Offline mikethekey

• View Profile
Yes--but when I select uninstall it seems to go thru the motions, but it really does not uninstall anything. I haven't tried to delete the driver, because I have no way of getting another copy at this point,but I think it will not do that either.  It will not update or roll back, because it says I already have the latest driver installed.  I scanned the computer with Avast and with your program and they don't seem to find any virus or worm.  I have not tried a root analyzer.  That may be my next step at this point.  I suspect some type of root infection.  The wireless lan led light goes on for a short while and then goes out.  I toggle it and it repeats the motion and then goes out again. All the network adapters on the list have the same 31 code and all do the same thing when I try to unistall them---They do not disappear from the active Network adapter list, that is except for one;  Bluetooth device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI), which shows it is working correctly.   When I uninstall its driver, it disappears from the list, until I reboot again. :confused:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So both the wireless and lan network both ave the error in the device manager?

Shane

Offline mikethekey

• View Profile
Yes--that is correct.  If I cannot resolve it, I will most probably have to re-install the OS windows 7 from the OS image provided with the computer. It's a Dell laptop.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you do a image reinstall from dell make sure to backup everything. It will wipe the system and put it back to the way it was the day you bought it.

I hate the store installs. You would be better getting your hands on a copy of Windows 7 off the net and installing fresh that way. You already of a keycode for it, you just need the setup disk :wink:

Shane

Offline rovingcowboy

• View Profile
Re: Computer does not connect to network or internet, get device mgr error 31
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
try going to the dell web site with thier dell support icon and see if they have any known issues that match your trouble.  they might also have a fix you need to download.

dell is another one of those companys that like to make you go to their site to get updates i don't ever find any updates for them with the micorosoft update site and that site from ms has an third party app scanner that finds updates from the 3rd party sites.  but i don't ever get any for dell or never got any for lenovo systems either.

those systems you need to check at their sites.
 :artist:
rovingcowboy / keith hall

Offline mikethekey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:48:10 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys---I had already contacted Dell, because I could not do a factory recovery from the image in the machine--somehow it was lost or corrupted.  I didn't know it, but the machine still has 3 mo of tech support with Dell.  So I opened up a ticket and they are sending me the Dell Win 7 "manual setup" disks.  They seem very helpful, willing to please, over the phone and chat sessions.  I should be getting the disks in a couple of days.  It is a somewhat complicated procedure--I will let you know how I fare with the "manual setup". :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:39 am »
Let me know how it all turns out :wink:

Shane