Author Topic: No Backup  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Claw

• View Profile
No Backup
« on: August 27, 2012, 04:28:06 pm »
Hey, I'm Claw and I've been around forums for awhile now, but this time I have a problem. When running All-in-One repair, when I get to the make a backup phase, it won't make one, it just keeps running in that same spot. If I skip it, and run all the repairs, or even some, when it gets to the Shadow Copy Service, it again just keeps running without advancing forward.  Any ideas ??

I also want to say I'm glad to be here,, you will see alot of me around.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is not the right place for this, I'll get the hang of it soon.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:46:32 pm by Claw »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: No Backup
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »
Welcome to the forums :-)

Can you post a screen shot of the backup and repair when it stays at the one spot? Seeing what it is doing will help a ton :wink:

Shane

Offline Claw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:22:02 am »
Sorry, but I'm having trouble getting off a screen shot. I keep losing the internet, I have a Tropical Storm getting ready to whack me over, but when I attempt to make the back up the shadow service switches to no but the "shadow copy ready" does not switch to on. So if I skip making the back up and run the program,  when it gets to the Shadow Copy Service part of the repair, it just keeps running it that spot saying "working", but it doesn't move, just stays there. I let it run there for 45 minutes one time, until I canceled and started over with Shadow Copy Service, unchecked.
Sorry about the screen shot but I'm trying, in between thunderstorms and power outages.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »
Wait till the storms are over and try to get me those screen shots :-)

Both have to do with the volume shadow copy service, so something is wrong with it. I am hoping the screen shots will let me see something that might give me an idea what.

You can also check the Windows event viewer to see what errors VSS shows. :wink:

Shane

Offline Claw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:40 pm »
Hey thanks Shane buddy, but I'm sure the problem has something to do with my PC. ERUNT will back up my registry. I'm think something is wrong with the Shadow Copy Service, that's why all-in-one just keeps trying but can't get it to back up. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks again, and see you around the site.