Author Topic: Registering Windows Repair 3.9.11  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Jack_D

• View Profile
Registering Windows Repair 3.9.11
« on: September 21, 2016, 02:23:37 am »
Hi There,
I'm trying to register Windows Repair 3.9.11 Portable, but after restarting it isnt registerd. (Registered to: Free Version)
In the settings.ini is my RegUser and RegKey registered.
What can I do?

Kind regards Jack_D
 :confused:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Registering Windows Repair 3.9.11
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:43:05 am »
I've notified Shane of your problem.

He may respond direct or let me know.

Offline MaxH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:01:18 am »
Same here. I mailed Shane yesterday. It only works on the PC where it was registered. When using it on another pc/laptop, it's not registered anymore.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:05:08 am by MaxH »

Offline Jack_D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 06:48:20 am »
In the FAQ I've read:
"Q: If I want the Pro version, do I need to buy a license for each computer?
A: No! The Pro version is a per tech/user license. So basically throw it on your thumb drive and use it on as many computers as you like. The Pro version is yours, period."

But now I can't use the Pro Version on my Laptop, because I've registered the version an my PC.

Offline MaxH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:00:20 am »
The FAQ is correct. Until yesterday had the Pro version on my desktop, laptop and the Pro version portable on a USB stick. I registered the portable version on/while the USB stick was plugged in the desktop. No problem. The program was 'Pro' on every computer. Since yesterday it doesn't read the settings.ini anymore. Exempt when it's plugged in the 'original' desktop.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:02:26 am by MaxH »

Offline Jack_D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 11:48:32 am »
Now, I'm uninstalling Windows Repair, do a registry scan, deleting everything in the file system from windows repair and reboot. Installing WR and register. Fine. Do a reboot to safe mode -> free version (not registered).

I'm disappointed

Offline MaxH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 11:56:45 am »
There are more topics about this. We'll just have to wait for a reply from Shane.

Offline jason@gtc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 12:59:30 pm »
Hello all fellow users of this amazing software. I just got my license pro key and am having the same issues as you all when it comes to putting the portable version on and maintaining pro status. my main pc works fine and takes registration as well as my logo. i go to another pc im working on and it shows free version. hopefully the great Shane that im reading about who made this is working on a fix. Thx in advance Shane if u are working on this. :cheesy:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 01:28:24 pm »
Shane is knee deep in computers to repair at the moment, but I'll remind him of this.

He was working on an upgrade to the program that he was hoping to have released last Monday, but it looks like that has had to take a back seat for now.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 04:52:01 pm »
The program right now has to be able to contact my site to make sure the key is good, mainly because of hackers  :tongue:

I am working on the next update which i am hoping will be out tomorrow where once the program checks that the key is good it wont need to worry about it again for a few days. That way when you run it on a machine that isnt on the internet it will stay pro.

I am also having to deal with the cracks that they make for the program completely killing the repairs and then the systems. They keep cracking the vb6 runtime file itself to make it pro, but it screws everything else up. Then when the repairs are ran it screws up the system. Then because the corrupted repairs kill the system my program gets bad reviews and shot down. Who the crap cracks a run time file!

I am actually testing the new build right now and so far it is working like it should. By having the keys online and not a single line of code in the program for the keys it will keep them safe and also means I will be able to start making random key codes instead of being tied to a users email. So if a person buys 3 copies they get 3 different key codes instead of right now they only get the 1 key code.

I have had a lot of people abusing the hell out of my program and the license. So on the major v4 update that I get done hopefully in the next month or so I will be redoing the licensing on that. Looks like the honor system isnt working as much as I wished it did, shame.

-Shane

Offline MaxH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 12:14:16 am »
Hi Shane,

Thx for the reply. All clear now.

Regards, Max