Author Topic: Repair wont start in XP x64 even in safe mode, i tried 3 times but doesnt work.  (Read 28545 times)

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Hello

Im trying to do a repair to my operating system, Its Windows XP x64 but it doesnt work.  no matter what i tried even in SAFE MODE, I get the error : "The current repair has failed to start for over 30 sec" and it repeats over and over at least 4 times, So i checked the "Event Viewer" for an error due to another thread's advise [2-3 threads before mine] of someone that had the same problem.  I tried to go to the Microsoft link appeared in that error but it doesnt work anymore so no avail and no solution.  :-(

I attached the screenshot of the error, Will really appreciate for some help from someone. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:59:51 pm by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What errors are recorded in Event Viewer with the time stamps for when the program failed to start and does the program start in normal mode ?

What problems do you have that you need to run the program ?

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for your reply.

The errors that were recorded and appear in Event Viewer at the exact time when i tried to do the repair, are exactly what i copied to the screenshot above [Microsoft error ID:7000] and i couldnt find something else.

The program doesn't fail to start at all , Not in normal mode or in safe mode, it just unable do to the full repair as u can c at the screenshot and it fails.  [All the other stuff i tried with that excellent software has succeed]

Basically i have a minor problem of a very tiny audio stuttering/popping only when i play with the volume bar and grab it to 0 of Winamp/Mediaplayer. 2nd problem is that the bass is a bit strong sometimes but i reduced it some by playing with the settings of Creative "console launcher equalizer". [Sound blaster Creative X-Fi Titanium and i tried all the versions of drivers [include PAX] , with a clean installation and after erasing the old ones with driver sweeper and driver cleaner pro]

Also i have a problem that i can use only 16 gigs of memory [instead of 24] only in 2 channels instead of 3 because slots b1 and b2[of the 2nd channel] simply doesnt recognize the memories[but it did in the past]. So i insert inside of those slots a cheap Chinese dummy memory's slots repair sticks in a try to fix them, also i changed memory QPI voltage jumper, or tried different memory voltage in the Bios.  [Mb is Asus P6X58DE with 16g of corsair vengeance 1600mhz memory @ 1.5v at the bios, The CPU and the mobo pins are totally fixed and undamaged, CPU is cooled with "Coolabratory" thermal paste since a year ago and temperature is around 35-48 degrees]

Im almost sure that the problem of the audio stuttering is related to the problem of the unrecognized memories in the 2 slots of channel 2 at the mobo. 

Except of those problems, i dont have any problems with that pc, never had any BSOD in the last 2 years and it runs fast and smooth [crossed fingers] so actually i tried to use that software more for tweaking and boosting the performance of that pc. like i use a few others, reliable ones.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 11:57:44 pm by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In Event Viewer can you click on the Event ID 7000 then on Copy/Copy Details as text - right click in the reply box and select Paste as it can reference different services.

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Yes it shows an error related to some netevent.dll.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:18:59 am by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Not all of your pic shows the netevent.dll but open a command prompt and enter these two cmds then retry or uninstall/reinstall the program after the reboot.

regsvr32 /u netevent.dll

regsvr32 /i netevent.dll

If you get any error messages from those cmds then enter chkdsk /f

Type and enter y when prompted then enter shutdown /r /t 00 to effect an immediate reboot and let it do its thing.

If the regsvr32 cmds report as successful then enter the shutdown cmd.

If you need to run the chkdsk /f - you can view its full report in Event Viewer.

Expand Windows Logs - click on Applications - Action/Find then type chkdsk or wininit into the Find box and press enter.

Cancel the Find box and read the report in the scrollable window.

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
I tried to do uninstall/reinstall of the netevent.dll exactly by your instructions, but i get the error appears at the attached screenshot.

So i typed the chkdsk /f and "y" and  shutdown /r /t 00 and during the restart it did the checkdisk pretty fast, windows showed up but still i couldnt do the un/installation of netevent.dll, and also couldnt do the repairs with the software yet.

So i tried to search for the chkdsk.log in the Event Viewer following your instruction, and found the last result only from the 15/10/16 but not the last one i did half hour ago at 20/10/16.

Btw at the full event log of the ID:7000 error, i see that the "source" of the netevent.dll error is "Service Control Manager'
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 11:36:36 pm by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Run the second cmd for the netevent.dll

If you are only getting a log from the 15th then scroll down from the top of the list until you see a Wininit for the 20th, but run another chkdsk /f after running regsvr32 /i netevent.dll

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Thanks for the fast reply, I scrolled up [because i set it by the last date upper] and i didnt find a wininit event, but i found a winlogon event [if it helps] that shows the exact result of chkdsk.log that i saw on the screen during the last boot 2 hours ago. 

I still cant do the second cmd for the netevent.dll, Means i can do it but it still fails with the same error that "the file cannot be registered".
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:38:00 am by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm not familiar with XP so that may be XP's equivalent of wininit.

Run the chkdsk /f again and see if you can find a more recent log.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you have a XP CD then you can run the chkdsk from the Recovery Console where its report will remain on the screen - you can use either /f or /r but the /r switch will take longer.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=5097

EDIT - I've just checked with Google and the log is shown as Winlogon.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:59:32 am by Boggin »

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
I did the chkdsk from desktop and that was the last result few min ago:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's in read-only mode which doesn't actually repair anything but would tell you that it cannot continue and to use the /f switch if it found corruption - so that looks to be okay.

I'm going to elevate this to one of the Admins to see if they have any suggestions, but in the meantime, if you have a XP CD then read my last post to see how to run the chkdsk from the Recovery Console.

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Many thanks for going to elevate it to one of the admins Boggin, hope it will help somehow. meanwhile i will do the full chkdsk /r from the recovery console in the next few hours, as i did it already many times in the past 15 years ;-)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:14:46 am by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Okay - I've already sent the email but because of the time difference to the US, it may be a few hours before it's picked up.

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Np i have the time. thx m8

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
What antivirus are you using?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In Safe Mode it wouldn't matter as it won't be loaded if a 3rd party one.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Shane has told me that it was never tested on XP x64 because of the x64's unpopularity and he's not sure if it can read the codes, so it may be a no go as far as that is concerned.

He doesn't have a XP x64 disk either to check it out.

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Im using NOD32 as the main AV. and few other installed AV removal tools and sometimes recovery boot cds of many other avs to check if nod32 has missed something.

Thanks a lot for updating me with that important thing Boggin, that explains a lot... and i admit i actually thought about that thing before i opened the thread and that it might be the main reason, because i forgot to mention that i installed that tweaking software in 2 of my other pcs, and at 1 laptop [laptop with windows 8 and pcs with XP/7 32 bit.]  and it did finish the repair in all of them! [i unmarked some of the options, those which i was not interested to change in the "repair" settings] and it really improved the performance of my pcs a bit.   

I have all the versions of windows o.s in original discs since windows 95 till windows 10. Now the the main reason that im still using WINDOWS XP x64 as my main o.s, is because i get the best 3D performance compare to any other operating system i tested before, since Vista! I can feel the real difference not only by the tests results, but even by playing games and my personal feeling with the higher fps which is much higher and less lag in xp x64, even that it has only Directx 9/10 and not 11 like windows 7 and above.

I tested the 3d performance with a common and reliable software called "Passmark performance test" and also with "3D mark" and i get 35-40% better result with xp x64 compare to any other o.s, at exactly the same pc and same settings in the Nvidia control panel.

I sent Microsoft a mail about that issue few years ago before they created and released windows 10, a representative of them was very nice and told me that they will take care of that thing, and he will elevate it to the admins above him, but nothing was done since then, and there was no any improvement at windows 10, and no reply from them, Microsoft ignored my second mail totally [i guess because that they have no answer and they know very well that they cant change and reverse back such a thing]  and of course cause they simply dont even account me as a simple citizen who sends them emails about something that is truth 100%. 

Most of the people dont pay attention to that thing [like they didnt feel the difference between 60hz and 75hz supported screen refresh rate]  and they are even not aware, but this thing is pretty annoying a gamer who likes to play a lot of pc games, and i do feel the big difference when playing games, and i cant tolerate and compromise on that thing. Basically the 3D performance's core and kernel of all Ms operating systems since Windows vista hasn't changed almost at all and its almost the same since 2007 and its still bad, according to the results i get with the tests, and for sure i can also feel it by my personal feeling in any game i play and thats enough for me. for example: characters run faster, much less lag of mouse movement, vertical sync enabled is much better with no tearing and much more frames per second. 

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT XP X64 IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE BY THE NEWEST PC GAMES OUT ON THE MARKET RECENTLY, ALTHOUGH ITS THE BEST PERFORMANCE OPERATING SYSTEM TO PLAY GAMES WITH!

You are even welcome to do so and test it by yourself, to see that im not bs. Simply install at the exact same pc, windows Xp x64, 7 ,8, 10 [64 bit versions] on a separate hard drives, install Nvidia/Ati drivers and set it exactly at the same settings on all the operating systems, and see the result by yourself.   

I tested all the Microsoft operating systems, installed each one at a separate different hard drive on the exact same pc with: CORE I7 [email protected], 16GB CORSAIR 1600MHZ, NVIDIA DOUBLE GTX 680, CORSAIR 1200W PSU. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:37:44 am by Stookza »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't game except for the odd game of Klondike :) but I'm using laptops with Intel and AMD so can't check out your suggestions.

I don't think the repair program would have done anything for your sound problem anyway.

If you have a sound card rather than it being built into the motherboard, you could try gently cleaning the contacts with an eraser or cotton buds and Isopropanol.

Are you using external speakers on your XP machine and do you get the same sound problems when you plug them into your other machines ?

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Yes i knew that program wouldn't fix my sound problem, i didnt rely on it from the start but i wanted to give it a try, more i wanted to use it for tweaking [as its name] and improve the performance of my o.s.

like Shane said in his quotes: "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."

So i dont call it a "fix" from the start like others do, but for me its more like improving and boosting the performance of a pc, by cleaning the registry to make it work faster.

Im almost sure that the problem of the tiny stuttering audio i have, is related to the problem of my memory's slots of channel 2 , which even with memories inserted inside, it still being unrecognized by the bios. 

Im positive about that because i already tried what u said and cleaned the dust from the contacts of my PCI-X Creative X-FI Titanium sound card, and either the internal built in SB,NETWORK,USB contacts, even that i dont use it. i did with air spray, cotton buds and alcohol, just few days ago [like i do once in a while for maintenance]

And i also tested the speakers with my other pc, but didnt get the same sound problem because the speakers are totally ok, but thx for the advice's anyway ;-) 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:18:08 am by Stookza »

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Sometimes the repairs need to run as a service.  If it cannot load as a service you will see that error.

95% of the time this is your antivirus app blocking it.

If you reboot into safe mode it should work fine.

Offline Stookza

• View Profile
Im sorry to tell you but you are wrong this time jpm, because i tried already 3-4 times in safe mode and even checked in Task Manager that nod32 is not running in the background, and still it didnt work.

Boggin is right in a chance of almost 100%, according to what he said yesterday, Shane never tested the software with XP x64 because of its unpopularity and thats the reason.

I will be very surprised if anyone in the world, will tell us that he succeed to do the main repair of the tweaking.com software with xp x64.

I can upload my XP x64 with a CD key, if Shane or someone of u has time and wanna try and test it, but if he doesnt, then no matter, i will understand.     
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:14:13 am by Stookza »

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Repair wont start even in safe mode, i tried 3 times but it doesnt work.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:21 am »
- Do you recall how many CMD.exe windows opened (& closed) before this error message popped up ? before WR failed ?
- Did you try the latest WR version ?