Author Topic: cdcopy by nero copies correctly, but when try to copy the same, i get error  (Read 4488 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                   When i copy using cdcopy a OS it copies without fail. But , when i try the same thro usb, after making it bootable, the copying of files stops at install.wim, giving me error. cannot read the source file or disk. Cyclic redundancy error no. 23.
I thought it as a dvd disc failure , but it is not.
                        I scanned the pc with sfc /scannow, no integrity violations. I ran chkdsk /f/r. But still this error comes. When i just copy using cdcopy, it just copies fine, without altering the format etc.
                          But , when i insert a blank disc and then click the cd drive in windows 7, i get two options to select and if i select the cd dvd option, the bottom one, the file changes it format to udf and if i use cdcopy, then it writes without fail, but after writing, it also writes short lead to 100 percent. What is it? Why this occurs.
                           But if i just supply the disc after creating image, then it does not do any thing like that.
                              If chkdsk /f or sfc could not fix, then what could be done.
                                Howto check for this error bug
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".