Author Topic: Getting stuck in safe mode  (Read 5533 times)

Offline fjjr

• View Profile
Getting stuck in safe mode
« on: November 08, 2016, 05:51:09 am »
A couple of times now I have used reboot to safe mode, got into safe mode ok, and then when I rebooted again I repeatedly got safe mode instead of a normal boot.  On each occasion, I fixed it by running the safe mode repair in Windows Repair.

I am using the current version of Windows Repair on XP Pro SP3, on the prior occasion when this occurred I was using v3.9.11 or 12.

I wonder what is going wrong here, or what I am doing wrong.  Also, I note that if I go to safe mode by hitting F8 during the bios splash screen, there is a substantial period during which masses of drivers etc are scrolling down the screen, but this seems to be bypassed when I use reboot to safe mode in Windows Repair, and wonder why there seems to be a different route to booting in safe mode when I use reboot to safe mode.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting stuck in safe mode
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:16:07 am »
I've asked Shane for an explanation to your last question.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Getting stuck in safe mode
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »
The program sets the safe boot command in the boot.ini in XP and it is suppose to remove it when it is ran again in safe mode. Not sure why it isnt. But any time you need to remove the safe boot option just open msconfig.exe and go to the boot tab and take off the safe boot option. :wink:

Shane