Author Topic: PC locks up - freezes.  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• View Profile
PC locks up - freezes.
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:18:41 am »
Need advice please. I have recently used the windows 10 repair from tweaking.com - brilliant, my PC is faster and less cumbersome, however, since doing so my PC now locks or freezes after an hour's use or so. I have a moveable cursor but whenever I click on an icon the programme does not appear. Crtl, alt, del does not work either, ie, no task manager the only thing I can do is hard start by holding down the on switch. The PC is then OK for a while until the lock up happens again. Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome - thank you and have a nice day.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PC locks up - freezes.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 10:47:09 am »
Can you boot up into Safe Mode either via the program or Settings/Recovery and use Option 5 in the program to restore the registry.

The dropdown box may show as empty but using the dropdown arrow will show the date of the registry back up to click on.

In the program, click on Settings then on Open Log Files and then copy & paste them into your reply.

If the computer still locks up after an hour or so after restoring the registry then we'll need to look for something else.

If the machine doesn't lock up after restoring the registry, I'll pass this onto Shane.

Offline Bullfrog

• View Profile
Re: PC locks up - freezes.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:16:19 am »
Hi Boggin - Thanks for the reply. The problem is I cannot do anything with the PC when it's locked up I have to hard-start to get anywhere. Having said that I will try a registry repair via Tweaking.com.

Take care and thank you again.