Author Topic: Error message suddenly appeared (Solved)  (Read 6457 times)

Offline DeeBee

• View Profile
Error message suddenly appeared (Solved)
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »
Hello,
   This is a great program.  An error problem has recently developed for me which seems to be similar to what others have been seeing.  After using the program for a couple of weeks, I have recently started getting backup errors but I can’t seem to pin down why.  I attach 2 Log_Backup.txt files from error-free and “error-found” backup runs.  I have looked carefully at them but can’t fathom out the reason for the newly-appeared errors.  Are they important or would it be safe to use a restore from any backup with these errors?  I have a Win 7 professional SP1 64 bit system and my user account has admin rights; TweakingRegistryBackup version is 3.5.3.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:13:49 am by DeeBee »

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Error message suddenly appeared
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 11:34:35 pm »
- Open Task Manager (with showing all running processes) and see if there's a process with the name "Backup Failed".

Offline DeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:58:57 pm »
No, there isn't any process of this description running.

Offline DeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:16:40 am »
Further to my original post, would it be safe to use any of my registry backups given the errors I have received regarding the "File in use.  Cannot copy." errors ?

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:03:28 am »
- Ah, that means that some other program is using that file. But which program ? And perhaps some program forgot to release/"close" that file.
- RB runs with a few minutes delay. Perhaps increasing that delay (think: Task Scheduler) solves the problem.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 08:39:58 am »
- Perhaps you installed some "System/Driver/disk optimization" software ? That also could/is bound to interfere with/hamper RB.
- I personally think all that "optimizer" software is a bunch of useless software. There're only a very few "optimizer" programs I like. My personal recommendation is install PcWinTech's CLEANMEM.

Offline DeeBee

• View Profile
Re: Error message suddenly appeared (Solved)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 03:09:15 am »
For your information, I installed and ran your Windows Repair (All in One) program in safe mode (as recommended) and ran the Repairs option 2x (as recommended).  I now no longer get the registry backup errors due to "File In use, Cannot copy" errors.
Cheers.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 10:24:09 am »
- I think that some program didn't release or didn't properly close those 2 files. and then one gets that error while running RB. Perhaps increasing the delay for RB (think: Task Scheduler) will help to avoid a repeat of this error.

Offline DeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 02:49:43 am »
Further to my posted solution (above), the error problem returned !  I hope I have now identified the real cause - 360 Total Security Antivirus,  I uninstalled it and no more errors.  I think the program was monitoring HDD activity too well.  If the error problem returns I will re-post but hopefully that is the end of it.