Author Topic: How to run windows repair tool using parameters for no user intervention?  (Read 7912 times)

Offline androjesus76

• View Profile
Hi there,

I have a brand new computer and I installed my old windows 7 hard drive to not loose my paid programs and I made it work, but some drivers were missing so I used driver pack solution as I always do in case of driver missings but this time after the drivers update I lost control of the mouse and keyboard, I tried using like 20 different mouse and keyboards, usb mouse and keyboards, wireless, logitec even microsoft mouse and keyboard, oh, and also the old PS2 and nothing made them work, not on regular session not on safe mode, but, they work on the BIOS so definitely is not the BIOS is something on windows after driver pack.

So my question today is: There is a way I can run Windows Repair Tool as unattended using parameters, in my case I can create a link to the tool using the start up menu in windows menu (using another computer of course, connecting  my hard disk as external so I can navigate the file structure), but I need the tool to select all the options and run without asking me anything because I have no mouse or keyboard to respond.

I checked using /? and /help but it does not work, is there a way to do what I need?, oh, I also tried all kind of windows repair boot CDs none of them work for the mouse and keyboard which I dont even think is the mouse and keyboard driver cause I renamed all the mouse and keyboard drivers on the windows\system32\drivers folder.

An unfortunately I did not have windows restore working so I cant restore the system.

Thank you very much in advance,

Andro Jesus.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to run windows repair tool using parameters for no user intervention?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:08 am »
How are you getting into the BIOS if your keyboard doesn't work ?

I'm not sure if resetting the BIOS would do it as you've changed the drivers in System32, but do you have a setting for using Legacy USB ?

Can you check to see if the driver pack has installed an USB 3.0 driver ?

I never use driver updater programs as they don't always install the correct drivers.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:07:47 am by Boggin »

Offline androjesus76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:27:28 am »
Thank you for replying, Well, as I wrote on my message everything happened after I ran Driver Pack Solution which I use all the time and works fine, it seems like everything USB not USB 3, every single USB device is not working, I never said the keyboard and mouse did not work on the BIOS, they work on the BIOS meaning the hardware on the input device (mouse and keyboard) is fine and the motherboard part is also working fine, everything happens when windows loads, something got screw up, either the mouse and keyboard or probably the USB drivers, 2 and 3, none of them works.

Responding your other questions, yes, it seems everything happens because driver pack installed USB 3 which I managed to delete, I am doing everything connecting and disconnecting my hard drive to another computer and using commands to remove drivers, registry values and so on, right now, I am trying to use and external USB DVD drive to install the drivers that came with the computer, which yes, I know, it was supposed to be the first thing to do but based on new computers coming without drivers CD I never checked on the box until now, but, I am still having no mouse or keyboard on windows, thats why my original question here is: Can I use Windows Repair Tool from this site unattended, something that I can run like windows_repair.exe /repairAll /unattended?.

Thank you so mucho for your time in responding,

Andro Jesus.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 12:15:41 pm »
Not that I know of and while there is a portable version, there would need to be some interaction between the two machines at least.

I'll ask for advice on this but with it being a Sunday, there may be a delay in getting a reply.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:05:47 pm »
Can you stick the original hard drive back in to see if the mouse and keyboard will work then and if so, you may be able to hook the Win 7 HDD up to the computer with a caddy enclosure and work on Win 7 then.

If the mouse and KB still don't work with the original hard drive then as it's new, it will still be under warranty to get some repairs done without explaining what you've done - and leave driver updater programs alone !

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 01:23:54 pm »
You can't do what you want to do. The program will not run remotely as you would like ...

If it were me, i'd find a second hard drive and place the Tweaking Windows repair portable version on that - then you could access it that way.

A couple of other ideas. Boot into the bios and see if you can turn off USB, then boot to windows. Then go back to the bios and turn on USB (or change any parameters you can) The "might" make windows redetect the USB bus and set things back up.

If that fails: Press  WinKey +R to open Run run box, type devmgmt.msc . Look for anything with exclamation points regarding USB and delete them (tab down then use arrow keys) Reboot and see if it is properly redetected.

Offline androjesus76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 03:48:23 pm »
JPM: No, to be honest, if the software allow me to run parameters I will be able to fix my issue, remember, there are thousands of ways to get into a computer without mouse and keyboard, in my case I am using the start up menu to place .bat files to do what I want, but I found the software (windows repair) does not allow it.

My original question was about the software not about the fact if we can or not, right now I have access to the keyboard but not the mouse which is enough for me to repair the whole system, I hope.

Thank you for your comments trying to help me, and will be good if that feature can be added, you never know when you can need it, and is simple to implement.

Have a blessed night.

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:57:33 am »
Ahh. OK. Yes, if you have the pro version, you can create custom .bat, vbs and .reg files script. It does not, however, export our code. 

Offline androjesus76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 06:37:01 am »
Thank you for replying, Good morning,

Yes, that's exactly what I did, I used part of the code to create bat files and connecting my hard drive as external into another computer I moved the bat files to the startup folder inside the windows start menu and that way I was able to gain control of the computer again, now I am just looking for a way to recreate the USB key under Device Manager which is missing, I have no idea how it happened but I am thinking Driver Pack Solution somehow screwed it up.

Again, Thank you guys for the help, God bless you all,

Andro Jesus.

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 02:27:27 pm »
Yeah - it could have. The all in one packs can work great, but can cause havoc too.

Few  things I would think of.
 1)  if you know your motherboard, find the install pack from that specific board.
 2) Go to device manager and under USB devices look for any USB HUB entries.  Click on and under properties disable power management - reboot.
 3) If that didnt work - delete the USB hubs and reboot (hoping for a re detection)

Offline androjesus76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 03:04:56 pm »
Thank you for replying,

I have the computer fixed and working perfect now, what I did I restored the services of the computer using tweaking windows repair tool, actually using the file for doing that task, I renamed as .bat and using another computer I put it inside the startup menu and that enabled the PS/2 mouse and keyboard and using then I was able to copy the whole portable repair tool to the disk and ran a whole repair and after that I just installed the USB 3 drivers for my motherboard and it fixed the usb 2 also, right now everything is fixed and working perfect.

Thank you guys for doing this amazing tool, I used it too many times on my regular work and it always do the job, that why I was asking for a simple add to the software, parameters as reference, that way if someone have the issue I had they can run the portable version creating on another computer a link to the software with the parameters and copying the link into the start up menu or wherever we can use to make a software run when the computer starts it will be helpful.

God bless you all,

Andro Jesus.