Author Topic: v3.5.3 changed settings  (Read 5282 times)

Offline John Terdik

• View Profile
v3.5.3 changed settings
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:04:02 pm »
Previously I had v 3.3.1 installed on my Win10 x64 system. I just upgraded to v3.5.3 and noticed that my settings had changed from the previous install.

Not a big issue but annoying and totally unexpected.

Is there a way to restore specific keys. I recently noticed that my MS Office "fileMRU" keys had been deleted. I'm not exactly sure but I have several backup of my registry and hopefully the lost keys are in one of them. At this point I'm lost.
jgt1942

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: v3.5.3 changed settings
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:51:13 pm »
- If you made a backup of the registry using Tweaking's Registry Backup before you ran Windows Repair then you can use the same program to restore the registry to the previous state. The program comes with Windows Repair. (Or download & install the program separately).
- You didn't use any cleaner program (e.g. Ccleaner) before you ran Windows Repair ? E.g Ccleaner's is known to wipe a lot of traces related to Office programs, including those registry MRUs. Because I am not aware that Windows Repair deletes those registry keys. At least, it's not supposed to.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: v3.5.3 changed settings
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 06:09:39 am »
- IF you were using Ccleaner then you can exclude the Office registry keys from being cleaned.