Author Topic: folders disappeared from the  (Read 9671 times)

Offline daff

• View Profile
folders disappeared from the
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:18:13 pm »
:cry: HELLO I WRITE BECAUSE I HAVE AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY THE OTHER DAY.

I HAVE DONE SO TO USE Tweaking.com Windows Repair 3.9.17 TO MAKE SOME 'OF CLEANING THE REGISTER Wndows 8.

INSTEAD I WAS ON MY DESKTOP ARE ICONS OF PROGRAMS ARE INSTALLED FOLDER WITH IMPORTANT DATA WITH PHOTOS AND DOCUMENTS MP3 IN WORLD AND PDF OF MY WORK.

I STARTED THINKING ABOUT THE PROGRAM THAT touched ONLY REGISTER AND NO FOLDERS ON DESKTOP ICONS :-( NOW INSTEAD OF PROGRAMS INSTALLED THERE WHILE THE FOLDER disappeared.

PLEASE HELP ME HOW DO I DO? I HAVE TRIED TO RESTART FROM A PURE RECOVERY POINT wINDOWS 8 BUT PIEGHA HOURS AND HOURS AND IS ALWAYS WITH tHE WORDS "system restore windows 8" I HAVE wAITED fOR 8 HOURS BUT ALWAYS REMAINED tHE SAME WORDS PLEASE look forward a YOUR RESPONSE  S.O. WINDOWS 8 HARDDISK 1 TETRABIT FIRST AGE BUSY TIME FOR 900GB only  398GB      FRANCESCO   :omg: :cry: :cry:

Paragraphed by Mod to make it easier to read.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:30:25 pm by daff »

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: folders disappeared from the
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:00:05 pm »
Please forgive me, I'm having a hard time understanding the problem.

The TWR program wouldn't have touched your folders. 

1st if system restore isn't working, you may have a deeper issue.  If it is hanging there for hours, I may very well suspect you have a drive problem.

IF the folder was of installed programs, The programs should still be install and you can find them by clicking the windows icon on the bottom left and then all programs.

I am HOPING your folder on the desktop was a shortcut folder to your work.  Storing an actual folder on the desktop is a bad idea as it can be  accidentally deleted.  I know, I've done it myself.  If you did that, the best hope is the folder is in the recycle bin and you can restore it.  There should be an icon on your desktop for that.

Otherwise, I am hoping you had a folder shortcut, and you just need to search your drive to where they were store - like my documents or my pictures.

Offline daff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »
the folder IT NOT was of installed programs BUT PHOTO MOST IMPORTANT, DOCUMENTS OF WORK PAY ENVELOPE  ,MP3   WORKS OF MY SON  SAVED FROM MANY YEARS IN TOTAL 15 folderS   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: YOU THINK WITH ONE POINT OF RECOVERY OF WINDOWS 8 F POSSIBILE I FIND SAVED IT  BECAUSE I TRY IT BUT THE MESSAGE IS ripristino configurazione di sistema windows 8 FOR HOURS AND HOURS  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: MAYBE WE PUT MUCH TIME AND WHY HARD DISK 1 TETRABYTE?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:50:41 pm by daff »

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 05:34:33 am »
OK - If you stored a folder on your desktop and it was deleted. You're best bet is to do nothing to write to the drive and open recycle bin to see if the folder is there.
If that doesn't work something like this should
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wise_data_recovery.html

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 07:15:42 am »
- WR doesn't "Clean the registry". If you want to clean the registry then use the one Eusing offers.
- System Restore (SR) can be a REAL "Pain in the a**". I know that in one instance SR doesn't work at all. If you want to make a backup of the registry then Use Tweaking's Registry Backup. It makes a backup every time you start your system. And the program can also restore the registry to a previous state. It's much more reliable than Windows' SR.
- You're sure you don't have a virus on your system ?

Offline daff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 03:41:50 pm »
 " If you want to make a backup of the registry then Use Tweaking's Registry Backup. "   : I did but I was not solved the problem folders disappeared the same :shy: :cry:  ........ - You're sure you don't have a virus on your system ? :  :confused: I'm not sure but something strange folders disappeared soon after started. :shy: :shy: :shy: :shy: :cry:

Offline satrow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 03:49:25 pm »
Can you please describe fully what your original 'immediate emergency' was?

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 04:33:16 pm »
- When System Restore doesn't work then Registry Backup is a good alternative.

Offline daff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 03:14:55 pm »
Can you please describe fully what your original 'immediate emergency' was?
Some days ago I discovered this program tweaking.com windows repair 3.9.1 I have windows 8 1TB harddrive with 790gb of space occupied. the desktop was 15 folders with personal documents of .pdf files work, word excel, avi, mp3, etc.. when I used the registry cleaner program, disappeared 15 folders from the desktop were all deleted from tweaking.com windows repair 3.9.1 are desperate and 'from 30.11 that I have not been solved. I also used RECUVA, Wondershare DATA RECOVERY ME LI HAS RECOVERED BUT ARE ALL DAMAGED HELP  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 03:32:06 pm »
Can you boot up into Safe Mode and try your restore points.

Offline daff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »
Can you boot up into Safe Mode and try your restore points.
thanks Boggin ,but nothing on the System Recovery screen is the message "waiting for recovery of files and windows setting ongoing recovery of the current registry .... I turned also laboratories for data recovery for agencies and companies have asked me $ 280 but did not guarantee me a good result. damn fucking software! you have destroyed me :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline daff

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 03:48:08 pm »
but nothing on the System Recovery screen is the message "waiting for recovery of files and windows setting ongoing recovery of the current registr for   hours........ hours .....hours........

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »
Nothing the Tweaking software could have done would delete a folder from your desktop. 

I have done and seen it done where folders are accidentally deleted off the desktop by errant mouse clicks.

1) did you check your recycle bin?
2) did you do a search for some of the file names on your drive to see if it was actually a shortcut and to a folder?
3) if it is not in recycle bin or another place on the drive - did you try the software I recommended?

Until you solve what I have above - I would highly recommend that you stop writing to your drive. The more likely it is that you will not recover any data.

Offline daff

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 07:55:57 pm »
I REPEAT AND I confirm unsubscribe FOLDERS FROM DESKTOP AND 'STATE Tweaking.com Windows Repair 9.3.17 THE FILES WERE NOT LINKS TO NOTHING! WERE ONLY FOLDERS WHERE I was saving FILESCOME PHOTOS AND DOCUMENTS MP3 AVI ENOUGH, I'M NOT DONE NOTHING STRANGE WE THOUGHT THE PROGRAM In developing MI HAS CANCELLED THE FOLDER
1) IN THE BASKET ON DESKTOP THERE IS NOTHING
2) YES, THERE IS NOTHING
3) WHAT SOFTWARE?
I'M ONLY USADO THE RESTORATION OF WINDOWS 8 BUT AS I WROTE BEFORE REMAINS FOR HOURS ..HOURS ...... HOURS ON THE WORDS "waiting for recovery of files and windows setting ongoing recovery of the current registry  :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 12:13:17 am »
This software that JPM posted a link to in Reply #3 - http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wise_data_recovery.html