Author Topic: Problem Booting up Blackberry Desktop Manager  (Read 8211 times)

Offline AlbertC

• View Profile
Problem Booting up Blackberry Desktop Manager
« on: September 19, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »
Hi -
Was wondering if you could help me.  I have a desktop running windows 7 pro and about a year ago Blackberry Desktop Manager just froze on the start-up screen when I started the program.  Really weird.  It was running fine for months then when it was doing a 'sync' w/my phone I tried to transfer some files using explorer to a USB drive and I guess it didn't like that and hung.  Then every time I tried to boot it after that it froze on the start-up menu.

I called RIM tech support and believe it or not they spent over 100 hours on my computer, remotely, installing it, uninstalling it ... tweaking the registry, but they finally gave up!  They said I had a windows problem somewhere.  Well it runs on my laptop, but is a hassle because I have to wipe the database then install it each time, so to sync my phone a task which used to take 2 minuets, takes around 30.

Anyway, I ran your program on my laptop (trying to fix another issue ... which I might ask you about later) and I thought it might help now with my desktop.  I did all the first steps, but didn't know what to check or uncheck on the last (repairs).  Thought maybe you could help.

Thank you!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Booting up Blackberry Desktop Manager
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:29:06 pm »
Perhaps it is a permissions problem?

Your safe to run all the repairs. Just make a reg backup with the program first :wink:

Shane

Offline AlbertC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 12:53:45 pm »
Hey -
Well I ran it w/everything ... computer lost connectivity, briefly then Windows repaired that.  But I installed the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager again, and again it froze on the big startup logo.  So weird ...  especially when I know it wasn't caused by any virus or anything.
Any other ideas?
Albert

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:18 pm »
It is something with the Blackberry Desktop Manager itself.

It is trying to load or access something and it is failing. I dont use blackberry myself so I am unsure what it is trying to access.

Only things I would try next are to disable the antivurs to make sure it isnt in the way and to make sure your running the program as administrator (Right click on it and choose run as admin)

Shane

Offline AlbertC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 02:14:26 pm »
Hey -
Yeah we tried that before.  Thanks anyway ... may ask your help with a laptop problem I'm having though!
Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »
Sure ask away, if it is a new problem just start a new thread :wink:

Shane