Author Topic: how to know the full path of my phone mem.card to use specific copy function?  (Read 5358 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I do not want normal copy function, but robo copy which maintains the date of folders created in the original date of folder created.
                      I want to copy the contents of the memory card to the pc to be freshly copied to a new mem.card. For this i want to know, or use the full path to execute robo copy command.
                        I tried with the path it shows  on the computer address bar, or folder bar. Nothing works.
Any body knows the trick to know the full path of the contents of memory card in a smart phone. The mem.card is showing my phone name as folder and contents of device storage and memory card storage folders inside
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins and Samson,
  Expecting replies from you geeks,
               Long time no see. I was mostly involved in customizing my recent bought android samsung galaxy j2 pro, budget mobile on various applications, that i missed some of the posts .
                 Would the card reader allow to know the path..
                           Hi, my wishes also for Shane and family
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't know JR - that's why I haven't responded - never used a memory card.

Can you not use drag & drop first onto the PC and then onto the new card ?

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Would the card reader allow to know the path..

If you have a card reader, then pull the card from the phone and do it that way, it should be straightforward and easier  :wink:

If you don't have a card reader make sure that your phone is set to the correct USB settings....From the Home screen, tap Applications >Settings > Applications > USB settings > Select "Mass Storage".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:07:35 am by Samson, Reason: Additional info added »