Author Topic: Mouse wheel no longer working with v3.9.27 Tweaking.com-Windows Repair  (Read 6042 times)

Offline John Terdik

• View Profile
I just went through all the steps using v3.9.27 Tweaking.com-Windows Repair and now my Mouse (Logitech M310) wheel is no longer working. Previously if browsing a web page I could click (press down) the wheel (keep the wheel pressed down) and then move the mouse to scroll the page or in SketchUp it would invoke the Orbit tool. Now neither work as expected. My system is a desktop running Win10 v1703 Build 15063.138
jgt1942

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Go into the program and use Option #5 to restore the registry and that should determine if it was the program or just coincidental.

You will need to use the dropdown to select the date of the back up.

Mice do break occasionally.

Offline John Terdik

• View Profile
I changed the mouse and the new mouse is correctly working. This is an obvious move I should have done before posting but sometimes we do dumb things.
Thanks!
jgt1942

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's fair comment to think what was the last thing I did when something happens and try to eliminate that first.

I've recently had to buy a new wireless mouse - I first thought it was the port because it was intermittent, until the mouse no longer worked and the troubleshooter pointed to the USB receiver.

Offline John Terdik

• View Profile
Yes we easily fall into the trap of thinking it was the last thing you did. Very often this is true and because of this we often forget to check other things.

BTW when I changed the mouse I also changed the USB receiver. When I plugged it in within a couple of seconds it was recognized and working.
jgt1942