Author Topic: Initialisation error  (Read 5369 times)

Offline davenz

• View Profile
Initialisation error
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:50:16 pm »
Hi gang.

Just downloaded the latest update (first using the pro update feature, then by uninstalling and reinstalling) and when I try to run the software all I get is an initialisation error in win-repair.exe as per the attachment. Any known issues with the latest build or is my Windows 10 pro 32-bit b0rked? I usually have the memory optimiser part of it running in the tray no problems but even that won't start now unless I manually fire it up. I can't open the main gui at all. The program has run flawlessly with no problems since I first installed and purchased it so I'm not sure what's going on with it now.

Cheers, Dave.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Initialisation error
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:06:43 am »
I've just updated mine to 3.9.29 and it works fine on my Win 10 x64 Home.

Which antivirus program are you using ?

Boot up into Safe Mode with Networking and reinstall to see if it opens in that mode and then try it in normal mode.

Offline davenz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:51:10 pm »
No AV software other than Windows Defender; I should have added I disabled it when installing Windows Repair once I started having issues but that made no difference to the result. I have nothing else running that could interfere with the install. Like I said, all other updates I do using the built-in update feature worked fine until this version, when it appeared to update properly but wouldn't run without throwing up that error. That's when I uninstalled it (using Geek Uninstaller) and reinstalled several times trying different strategies each time; it still chucks up this error. I'll try uninstalling it and installing an older build and see how that flies and report back.

Thanks, Dave.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:59:56 pm »
Did you try the reinstall of the latest version in Safe Mode with Networking ?

I've heard that Windows Defender reinstates itself after a while and on very rare occasions, exclusions for programs need to be put into Windows Firewall.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:02:18 am by Boggin »