Author Topic: Problem starting tool ,stopped at 76%(loading windows variables...)  (Read 7027 times)

Offline ops773

• View Profile
Hello, when I start the tool it stops at 76%, so it can be hours and it does not progress. Any possible solution? Use windows 7 x 64 home premium. thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't see that when loading mine unless it happens too quick for me to see.

Why are you running the program ?

Go Start - type cmd - right click on cmd and select Run as administrator - accept the UAC and enter chkdsk /f

Enter y when prompted then enter shutdown /r /t 00 to effect a reboot and wait for it to do its thing.

To view the log after it has completed, go Start type eventvwr and press enter.

When Event Viewer has read the data, expand Windows Logs - click on Application then look for a Wininit in the scrollable window.

Click on that to read the log in the lower scrollable window.

Look to see if it reports any KBs in bad sectors.

If that is clear then boot into Safe Mode with Networking and run the program again.

Offline ops773

• View Profile
Hello i wanted to start the program to repair the windows firewall because it not let me turn it off or on  (it does not let me add exception rule to the firewall).I have tried everything  Chkdsk does not detect errors, I have observed the wininit log, there are no bad sectors, I have tried as you said in safe mode and also stands at 76%, thanks also I have temporarily disabled the antivirus.

Offline ops773

• View Profile
When installing a new program that requires to connect to the internet the firewall tells me if I want to allow connection I am to allow and this is broken, this is the error report that gives:

Firma con problemas:
  Nombre del evento de problema:   APPCRASH
  Nombre de la aplicación:   rundll32.exe_FirewallControlPanel.dll
  Versión de la aplicación:   6.1.7600.16385
  Marca de tiempo de la aplicación:   4a5bc9e0
  Nombre del módulo con errores:   FirewallControlPanel.dll
  Versión del módulo con errores:   6.1.7601.17514
  Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores:   4ce7c644
  Código de excepción:   c0000005
  Desplazamiento de excepción:   0000000000018d17
  Versión del sistema operativo:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Id. de configuración regional:   3082
  Información adicional 1:   0d62
  Información adicional 2:   0d628e8059bc0be409968d15b918a85a
  Información adicional 3:   fa2e
  Información adicional 4:   fa2e365af5c4f9ae797437cee06a008b

thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have a read through this article in how to restore services to default and then scroll down to Windows Firewall, following the steps.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You haven't been back to say how you are getting on with this but if defaulting the Firewall service hasn't done it then go Start - type services.msc and press enter.

Scroll down to Windows Firewall - right click on it and select Properties then under the Log On tab, check to see if it the same as mine.

In Services it should be showing as Running and Auto.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:57:59 am by Boggin »

Offline ops773

• View Profile
hello boggin,i have tried the .reg of sevenforums but it does not work, still the same  , I have tested the properties and I have it as your own configuration, hopefully we can find a solution to this firewall problem, thanksss

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Go back into Services and Windows Firewall.

Right click on it and select Properties then use the dropdown to change its status to Disabled - Apply - Stop - OK - then try the Windows Repair install.

If successful then change its status back to Auto, repeating the steps to Start it.

Offline ops773

• View Profile
Hi, it still does not work, just to give me notice that it seems that I do not have certain administrator privileges, nor does it allow me to create a new user account, everything that is system and requires being an administrator does not let me execute it, the strange thing is that I'm an administrator. I can not also modify the permissions of certain, , thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Let's see if we can get you an admin command prompt.

Right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager - File - Run new task - type cmd.exe into the box, check the box to run new task as an admin and press enter then see if you can get past the UAC.

If you get the cmd prompt admin, enter net user administrator /active:yes

then enter shutdown /r /t 00 to effect an immediate reboot.

After the reboot you should see an Admin icon on the desktop - click on that to log in and see if you can create another admin account.

If that doesn't give you an admin cmd prompt, shutdown then reboot into the advanced boot options, usually by tapping F8 as you switch on, but that key combo can vary with make & model of computer.

Use the cursor keys to select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press enter then enter those two cmds and on the reboot you should see the Admin icon to log in with.

This is the hidden Admin account and when done should be turned off.

To do that, run a cmd prompt as an admin and repeat the net user cmd but change yes to no then the shutdown cmd to reboot.