Author Topic: Corrupted estRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0  (Read 8185 times)

Offline ylidor

• View Profile
Good evening (here in Colorado),

There is no rush, but when you have time, can you please send me a script or instructions/links how to solve this corrupted file issue? I searched this folder in another computer to copy and replace it but could not find this file there.

Although it seems not crucial I would rather have all the backup files non corrupted on my laptop.

Thanks in advance,

Yaron

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is this the Package file that Option 2 Pre-Scan of Windows Repair snags ?

C:\WINDOWS\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0.mum

If it is then ignore it - I have.

You can however try the suggestions in this article - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-creator-update-1703-build-15063138-has/804efb8b-ba6b-40cb-a151-1f372b5c4227

Offline ylidor

• View Profile
Hi Boggin,

Thank you so much for your reply and the link provided. I believe the solution provided by DAC324 is doable and straight forward, but as they say later - what if it will create other problems that have not been described yet by anybody?  Since it is a minor problem I will get your advice and just ignore it until MS will come with a fix in one of their future updates (hopefully), or until (hopefully never) I'll need to restore health with DISM.

Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Yaron

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't think that Package file is the cause of dism /restorehealth not working for you as I have that Package file snagged and I've successfully ran a dism /restorehealth cmd.

There is a dism cmd you can run from the advanced boot options - Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt.

I successfully ran this cmd ignoring the error about the Scratch Directory.

At that cmd prompt enter bcdedit |find "osdevice" and using whichever partition letter, enter where x = your partition letter.

dism /image:x:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Enter exit to close the cmd window when done, restart then try the normal dism /restoreheath cmd to see if it's successful.

That is a Pipe symbol before find and is the uppercase of \ and note there is a space before each /

Offline chaos19

• View Profile

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Pre-Scan no longer snags that Package file for me - not sure if that is since update KB4020102 which took the build from 1703.296 to .332 but as I've said in my last thread, that Package file error had no effect on my running a /restorehealth cmd.