Author Topic: Windows 10 keeps crashing and lots of BSOD... possibly faulty hardware??!?  (Read 30401 times)

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
I cannot figure out how to save it as ARN.. default is NFO

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
default save is NFO, export default is txt

Offline satrow

• View Profile
Sorry, my bad, NFO it is. I was on autopilot, .ARN would be a possible follow up step using Autoruns.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
here is the NFO

Offline satrow

• View Profile
Thanks, core details (hardware drivers, loaded System drivers, Services) look good :) Nothing there jumping out at me, seems to be a solid base.

Running software:

Reimage - I'd not use this, my experience/testing of it showed it using scareware tactics, I belive it's unreliable and could easily cause more issues than it claims to be able to 'fix'. If you can revert any changes already made by this, please do so and then uninstall it completely.

Chrome: just be aware that running Chrome in the background might cause issues whilst gaming, I rarely use it and it's hardly ever installed here but I did have some *interference* from somewhere during a gaming session several months ago. Chrome was the only 'different' software running, with just four tabs open. I've not had those issues before or since and my default browser (Pale Moon) is almost always running with 50+ tabs and 1.6-3+GB memory in use over sessions that might have very long (4-19+ days) uptimes.

Other than the BSOD issues, WER (Windows Error Reporting) has only logged issues with your torrent software (uninstall and try a different software?) and Chrome, so far ;).

So, apart from Reimage, it looks pretty good to me.

EDIT:

I've delved deeper into the WER for the BSOD types and checked those against John Carrona's (usasma) database to check for any causes that might be common to all the BSOD's. Apart from the latest 0x139 (which might be a torrent client using too many connections), all the others listed in the WER could be down to the same 'bad' driver:

0x139:
???? but might be torrent software here, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2883658/-0x00000139-stop-error-on-a-windows-server-2012-based-computer-that-has-many-tcp-connections

0x7f:
Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Overclocking failure, Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

0x3b:
System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory

0xa:
Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

0x1e:
Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS

0xd1:
Device driver

Use the PC normally for the next few days/week or so, if you do have another BSOD, collect and attach the new dump(s) and fresh MSInfo data and attach them to a reply. Then read and follow carefully the steps here for using Driver Verifier, we need to stress the loaded drivers to see if there's still a bad/suspect one loading.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:46:23 am by satrow, Reason: Additional info. »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I once inadvertently installed Reimage and it was a sod to fully uninstall even after using the free version of IObit Uninstaller - I still found bits of it in the registry afterwards.

If you still get the BSODs then first try it in Safe Mode with Networking and if they continue, then just in Safe Mode.

I don't think the AMD Crimson Beta was for that GPU - I know I got it for my Radeon HD6310 and it adds Quickstream and Raptr.

It also adds AppEx Networks Accelerator to the Properties of the Network adapters which result in reduced download speeds.

I got rid of all of those.

I was unable to read the memory dump file as I don't have anything on here to read .rar files and have never been able to get 7zip to work on this machine.

Offline satrow

• View Profile
Here's the same dump zipped.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks, Andy, but couldn't get that to open with IE either on a Win 10 or Win 7 machine.

Offline satrow

• View Profile
IE? No messages from SmartScreen that would account for it, Tom?

(I think SmartScreen on Creator's edition goes a step further than just 'protecting' IE/Edge and tries to cover other browsers as well. Not sure though and I'm not going to install it anytime soon to test ;) .)

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
How do I get rid of AppEx Networks Accelerator ????

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well Shane had emailed me a .zip for the beta version of v4.0 of his Windows repair program and SmartScreen didn't show its face then either.

I did however get the usual UAC to run it.

Your zip did extract and Win 10 gave me the option to open it but initially all I got was a blank window and later I just got the manage downloads window to either open or save and I only got the manage downloads window when I tried it on a Win 7 machine.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How do I get rid of AppEx Networks Accelerator ????

Go Start - type ncpa.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

Right click on whichever adapter you are using and select Properties where you will see it listed and uncheck its box - OK

I think I also uninstalled Quickstream which it was part of for me.

I'm using an Intel based laptop at the moment so will have to open the AMD one to check if it's still there but unchecked.

EDIT - Just checked and it's no longer listed so I assume it was fully removed when I uninstalled Quickstream but unchecking it will disable it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:12:50 am by Boggin »

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
Ok, so... my computer just gave me IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 2x in the last like 20 minutes.. both times with utorrent running in the background, running one test now without running utorrent..

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Was it still the same Stop Error Code ?

µTorrent can be prone to having infections in it - not sure if that is the cause of the BSODs.

Performing a clean boot may ID what could be the cause if it's software related.

Which antivirus program are you using ?

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
Here is a new DUMP

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
So, here is a brand new BSOD never seen this error message yet..

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY Error

I  have a feeling its the memory, i have 2x8 gig sticks installed. wondering if they are configured properly will insert them to A1 slot one by one to see if its just one or both that are faulty..

sorry, no dump was created...

Offline satrow

• View Profile
0xFC: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Usual causes:  Device driver

Have you uninstalled your torrent client(s) yet? If not, please do so now.

Time for Driver Verifier, this is designed to stress the drivers and BSOD with a verified dump when it finds a suspicious one. Setting up DV can cause a PC to be unbootable so you need to read and follow the instructions carefully.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
Yes I have uninstalled the torrent client and installed another, system has been stable all morning so far.. how do i use driver verifier?

Offline satrow

• View Profile
Explained in the post here.

Based on MS' details here.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
Okay, so I have followed the explained post below, I have since had a BSOD.. where are the files I can attach to this?

Offline satrow

• View Profile
The crash minidump should be in the usual folder, C:\Windows\Minidump.

If it isn't, run MSInfo32 again and attach the NFO file.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
okay so, I am trying to generate a new minidump for you guy and but it seems the BSODs have stopped as of this morning, however... my computer froze up 2x in the last 4 hours and no minidump was generated

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
here is a new NFO file from msinfo32

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
When I've had a look at the msinfo32 Components/Problem Devices I see a blank entry as if something should be there - mine just has a pure blank window.

What do you see when you expand Components/Problem Devices ?

There's another program that may list those and that is MiniToolBox -  http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/farbar_minitoolbox.html

If your antivirus program complains about it, you may have an option to let it continue.

Just checking the box for problem devices may do but you can check all of them if you wish.

It produces a MTB.txt file which you can either upload as it is or copy & paste by right clicking in the text area - click on Select all - right click again and select Copy to right click in the Reply box and select Paste.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
here is the full with everything