Author Topic: (Solved)gmail imapconfigured to get mail from yahoo do not work  (Read 7616 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Everything was fine. I also know that yahoo only allowed already imap/pop configured accounts to imap those to other mail such as gmail. I am having a yahoo ac, which when imapped, with gmail, getting all the mails transfered to gmail and i could look at gmail to open and then send the reply etc. This was working fine. But now, the test message i sent from my own gmail to yahoo , has not been received back by gmail, which was the case before. I could send a test msg thro my gmail, which would be received  by yahoo mail and then as it is imapped to gmail would return the same . This particular aspect is not working. If i go to yahoo mail and then send a mail to gmail, it is being received. pl give solution
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:13:30 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: gmail imapconfigured to get mail from yahoo do not work
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:14:49 am »
Can't help with that.

Do Yahoo have a help forum where you could ask the question ?

Offline Muhammad Tasneem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:20:11 am »
From sometimes Yahoo creating too much problem. Changing it's policies and setting time to time.

If it was working before, than you need to check the settings specially "Allow less secure app" .

Now Yahoo only allowe secured apps (in other words only Yahoo apps).

Go to "Account Info" than "Account Security" and than enable "Allow less secure apps" by sliding the button.

Hope it will help you.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 09:14:38 pm »
Hi, I have done that settings. I sent a test msg from my gmail account. The alert from yahoo in change of security was instant. Will it take time to deliver the imap messages. I have already enabled the same settings in gmail, which is on by default.

Offline Muhammad Tasneem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 12:46:58 am »
IMAP settings effective immediately. If you can't receive the Yahoo mails on Gmail, it means you need to reconfigure Gmail settings for Yahoo.

I suggest you delete the old settings and add as new Yahoo imap account.

Please remember Yahoo also update his ports and only SSL/TSL support now.

For testing purposes you  can configure any email client (in which you have expertise like outlook, postbox, inscribe, The Bat!, etc)  for testing the Yahoo imap settings.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:49:01 am by Muhammad Tasneem »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 02:20:45 am »
Hi, can i test with sending email from my own gmail, which is the configured gmail address from yahoo. I ask this question, because, the mail is in sent folder. I will try. I did not try, as yahoo discontinued this for some time, as its mail has been exposed sometimes back.

Offline Muhammad Tasneem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:37:07 am »
It's up to you. How to check it.

I prefer to use outlook. We have Yahoo business mail account for our office and from sometimes it creates too much problem.

Our some accounts uses SSL because they can't run on TSL and some accounts uses  TSL because they can't run on SSL.

Some use secured password and some uses plain password.

And the worst thing is Yahoo disabled "allow less secure app" itself,  sometimes we re-enable it three times in a month. Yahoo told that they allowed it temparay, in future they will close this feature and only secured app can connect with Yahoo. That's why our management think about to move from Yahoo.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 03:35:08 pm »
I'm not sure as to the extent Verizon's takeover of Yahoo.com would have on users outside of the US but I think continued use of Yahoo.com for your email may need to be reviewed.

http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-verizon-yahoo-privacy-20170224-story.html

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 08:47:09 pm »
Hi, Boggins , then the solution? now i have configured all the mails to gmail. But, yes, i want to move away from yahoo, as it would sell not only the company but also user data. Like whatsapp selling to facebaook.
i do not use facebook and never intend to.
      If i leave yahoo mail, also , they would have already have all my details in their web server, is it not? Security concerns are secondary and the profit is the first motive for all the companies

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 09:35:05 pm »
Hi, I also wish to add the changes yahoo makes without users consent has affected its own products, fro eg yahoo answers. I used to answer there and earned about 8000 points. And then they changed it, to give the mark thro askers. Askers usually gives , but mostly forget to tick as best answers resulting in question staying there without knowing whether the issue has been fixed or not. This makes a vast different users to stop going there. This was the time , when i totally ignored yahoo. The moderators seldom see your queries and the forum is seldom seen seriously.
                    Yes yahoo has lost some of its best, by popping up so much advertisements in their starting pages

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 06:12:51 am »
Hi, I just checked with using a third email account to forward to my gmail account and it succeeded. Probably, i could not test with my own gmail to yahoo mail. But that was working way back. Now, it does not work.Everything works perfectly. Thanks for all the tips provided by all.