Main Forum > General Computer Support

Windows 7 Ult 64 bit trapped by BSD and can not get out.

(1/71) > >>

FreeCat:
Sorry that this is in all caps here, but wrote it on friend's laptop that kept going into CAPS.

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS 2017 08 05:

WINDOWS 7 PRO ULTIMATE RUNNING ON A DELL T7500
WITH 64 GB RAM AND TWO AMD W7000 GRAPHICS CARDS

UPDATES AVAILABLE - SEVERAL ESSENTIAL AND 2 .NET

.NET UPDATE DID NOT TAKE THE UPDATE BUT NEEDED A REBOOT TO APPLY THEM

SHUT DOWN MACHINE FOR REBOOT - LET LATENT CHARGE OUT OF MACHINE

AFTER THIS REBOOT: BLUE SCREEN

LET LATENT CHARGE OUT OF MACHINE

THEN WENT TO SAFE MODE

UPDATED TWEAKING.COM FOR V4 PRO

TURNED OFF MACHINE TO DRAIN LATENT CHARGE AGAIN

STARTED TWEAKING

RAN PRESCAN - FOUND SOME THINGS =- MOSTLY WITH LOGMEIN - WHICH I NO LONGER USE AND DELETED OVER A YEAR AGO

CHCKDSK BEGAN BUT FOUND ERRORS BUT I WANTED TO USE /F OR /R AND SAW IT DID NOT APPLY /F /R

I SET CHKDSK UP FOR /R AT REBOOT AND REBOOTED FROM TWEAKING

BUT WHEN MACHINE CAME UP IN SAFE MODE CHKDSK WAS NOT RUNNING

BEGAN TWEAKING AGAIN SETUP FOR SAFE MODE REBOOT WITH CHKDSK AT /R

ON REBOOT SAFE MODE CAM UP AGAIN BUT THERE WAS NO CHKDSK RUNNING

THEN WENT TO COMMAND MODE AND RAN CHKDSK WITH THE /R OPTIONS
CHCKDSK RAN FOR HOURS AND STILL RUNNING AT BEDTIME
THEN, IN THE MORNING BLUE SCREEN

TURNED OFF MACHINE TO DRAIN LATENT CHARGE

TRIED TO START IN SAFE MODE
LEFT FOR HOURS, SAFE MODE NEVER LOADS
AND THE LAST LINE LOADED IS AMBAKDRV.SYS

TRIED TO BOOT SAFE MODE

TRIED TO BOOT SAFE MODE

TRIED BOOT WITH LAST KNOW GOOD CONFIG

HERE IS THE TECH INFO:

*** STOP:  OXOOOOOO1E   (0XFFFFFFFFC000001D,0XFFFFF800042DC35F, 0X000000000000000000, 0XFFFFFA9073F88000)

AFTER THIS ON TRYING TO SAFE BOOT AGAIN "LAST KNOW GOOD CONFIG" WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION.

I  really, really need this machine for work.
I do have a backup but it is over three months old and I did a lot of work on machine since then (stopped running as I ran out os space as it needs 1.5TB space on my NAS to run backup and did not get another drive yet.

Thanks in advance for any help at all.  :)

Boggin:
The AMBAKDRV.SYS is part of AOMEI backupper - have you got that installed or recently uninstalled it ?

If you haven't then it could be an infection

It's unfortunate that you can't get into Safe Mode as what I've found about that AMBAKDRV.SYS is that it can be stopped in Services if it's a genuine file.

MS has a Hotfix for that Stop Code but I'm not sure if it applies to your error but you would need at least Safe Mode with Networking and they usually send these to you in an email.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2764302/-0x0000001e-stop-error-occurs-intermittently-in-windows-7-sp1-and-wind

Do you have a Win 7 Ultimate install disk you can use to boot up with ?

It's best if your install disk includes SP1 but if it hasn't and you have a valid retail key, you can download the ISO on your friend's laptop from  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Scroll down and enter your product key and if it accepts it, it will release the download which will be about 3.09GB and select Save.

You can then use Windows USB/DVD Burner Tool to create a bootable disk. http://wudt.codeplex.com/

Assuming you have, tap F12 as you switch on to use the one off boot order change - use the cursor keys to select the DVD drive - insert the disk and press enter then press any key when prompted to boot from CD or DVD..

You may be presented with an inverse window with Windows Setup (EMS Enabled) highlighted - press enter.

Use the dropdown to change/confirm Language, Time and currency format - Next

Click on Repair your computer bottom left in the Install screen and note the location of the volume as it isn't always in C: when you boot up with an install disk or go into the Recovery Environment.

You may be able to use your restore points to go back to before the .NET Framework updates or see if a sfc /scannow will do anything for you.

Select Command Prompt and enter this command using the location letter of the volume instead of the X that I have used.

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=X:\ /offwindir=X:\Windows

Let us know how you get on with those.

FreeCat:
Thanks VERY much Boggin'.

I began to try what you have recommended, but when I turned the computer on again it went into chkdsk so chkdsk is running and it is now way past the point that it stopped when it got the BSD.  Now at 4 of 5 but 145k or 310k to go. 

I makes sense to me to wait to see what happens.

I will keep you posted. 

Thanks MUCH, again, Boggin'

Boggin:
That sounds promising as long as it doesn't find any bad sectors.

FreeCat:
Well, by Monday morning, another BSD, but this time with page fault in non-paged area.  I remember when the chkdsk began yesterday, I was trying to get to Safe Mode but F8 did not take and it began "Starting Windows".  and after a while I saw it was in chkdsk.  this prolly had to do with setting up of chkdsk for reboot.  I dunno.

So, now, I am trying to get into safe mode and for the last 20 minutes still stopped at the AMOEI driver load.

I will try restart now without safe mode and see if chkdsk starts again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version