Author Topic: Wsuoffline installer hangs and start and hangs at reboot  (Read 5637 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Wsuoffline installer hangs and start and hangs at reboot
« on: August 16, 2017, 06:58:46 am »
Since, i was having problem with explorer, i could not see the screen at all. As a result , i had to clean install c: after so much fixes did not fix it. Ok, i did and tried wsuoffline install, it installed security pack 1 and some updates and then started to hang. I waited for more time but it does not move from there. After seeing the size just 30 mb, it should not have taken more than few minutes. But it was hanging there . So, i had no other option but to close the installer.
                 When i tried the second time, i thought , that it would start from where it left, but after a few checks, it started hanging after waiting for list of ids that could not be updated... and it stayed there.
                  Can i uninstall all updates other than security pack, which is already installed and try again?
                    Moreover, it is funny, that when i try elevated command prompt, it did not direct to c:windows\system32, instead, c:windows\woutempadmin. pl say the fixes.
                           When i did the same , last time,no problem arose
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Wsuoffline installer hangs and start and hangs at reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:06:03 am »
You could do but why not see what a manual check for updates gets you.

I've only used WSUS Offline Updater once when the updates didn't seem to want to download following a factory reset, but it didn't install all of them - just the security ones and then I had to go back to Windows Update where the rest were waiting to download and install.

There was no hangs that time on the downloading and they all downloaded and installed smoothly.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:00:33 pm »
Hi, It createda woutempadmin account and since i enabled auto boot in between the updates, it has taken time to finish the updates. The first session ended abruptly because of power failure. It resumed after some time. It did finish all the updates it could in two to three days. I also left it continue with woutempadmin account.
                 Then i started manual updates for which , wsuoffline could not update.Now hope that all the updates are installed.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:26:38 am »
Run a manual check for updates to see what it returns.