Author Topic: sfc fix exe could not fix some missing dll . pl  (Read 4971 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
sfc fix exe could not fix some missing dll . pl
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:19:02 pm »
Hi,
                    After scanning with sfc /scannow, i used sfcfix.exe to fix the errors. It asked me to keep ready with the install dvd, which i provided in the cd drive. After some time , it exited with 2 errors not automatically fixed.
                     I know that the sub-forum regarding this has been stopped. But , if possible , kindly send me the two dll files mentioned in the winsxs folder. I tried to copy the same dll, but even after that , the same error is reported.
                       i heard that winsxs folder contains the other versions of the same dlls in the system 32 folder to fix compatibility issues , while we try to run applications and the same set of dlls for the different versions have been stored in the winsxs folder. If possible , send the dlls for windows ultimate 7 32 bit of the two files i enclose herewith. Ofcourse, it is something tough to locate the exact folder and find the dll

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: sfc fix exe could not fix some missing dll . pl
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:55 am »
If you have a product key to go with that install disk then you could do a repair install, but this tutorial will walk you through replacing those files from your install disk, but a repair install will probably be easier.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/42776-extract-files-windows-7-installation-dvd.html