Author Topic: Compromised Data  (Read 9868 times)

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
Compromised Data
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:15 am »
Hello Shane, Boggin and Julian. I was previously a Member under the last 6 characters of my now new name.  On the 28th of last month my previous email and various passwords were compromised by the Onliner Spambot  that harvested about 7 million hits.  None of mine were money oriented but I changed the 4 affected passwords to extra strong 20 characters. My previous username and password on here were compromised although the email wasn't hence my current changeover. Early last year I signed up for a free account with Have I Been Pwned (Troy Hunt) to be notified if my data ever became compromised.  The Spambot did not attack personal computers but accessed the data on websites that must have been open to such an attack. All my data is held within RoboForm and as I printed out the data I was able to markup those passwords and usernames that were affected.  Just one thing I would like your help on. In setting up this new account  it took me first to the tweaking.com website page and I had to click on the Forum link to be able to sign on here whereas my previous setting up an account brought me straight to the forum page. Thanks.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Compromised Data
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 01:23:39 pm »
When I first come to the forum I just put www.tweaking.com into the URL search and get the home page as you have and then have to click on the Support Forum tab.

I keep forgetting to use www.tweaking.com/forum

However, just going to the home page lets me know if there's been a WR version update.

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
Re: Compromised Data
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
Hi Boggin, yes, I do in a way regard it as a bonus to go to the page first as I too have the paid version of WR. Snap! B-)