Author Topic: computer help request  (Read 6099 times)

Offline mobear410

• View Profile
computer help request
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:42:53 pm »
 :smiley: I hope I am in the right area for this post, Not long ago I went to FB and ended up with a unwanted game program. (for details read this post http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com)  I need to reyactivate my USB ports now I am sure it is due to my removing their software. Should I just do a complete reinstall on both laptops or is there a fix that can do this plus I want to get my systems totally cleaned up and solidly secured.  I would like to install a linux then put windows in behind that so it seems to me that fresh install is the best way to go about this. I do have the instructions on how to install linux then put the windows version behind it and how to access either one without booting my system. Maybe what I should do is to boot from a linux USB flash drive then bring up windows. I just need to get the usb ports reactivated in order to accomplish this. Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Btw I found the windows 7 help index post right at the top of the list of posts. I didn't do anything else except to try to say that I liked the post & to say thank you. I am not any type of hacker unless you can see me as a white hat hacker. I have been using computer since dos 3 and the internet from the first time that aol sent out their free disk. I just wannted to be part of the forum and so I know posting replies is smiled upon thus that is rhe reason I posted. I will be looking around some more & try to make more proper replies. I think that Tweaking is a great site & I share the link a lot.
Thank you
mobear410

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: computer help request
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:49:11 pm »
I've moved your thread to the Computer Help section.

I would think that 4th Aug. is a bit too far to go back for your restore points if that was when you noticed this PuP.

I've seen where an unwanted program had taken out the audio on a laptop, but running AdwCleaner removed whatever it was and restored the audio.

That had also been picked up while on FB.

Should that FB program have left some residue which is causing this problem for you, download AdwCleaner to see if it can find anything.

In the main window during the scan, it may find legit programs it considers as unwanted/adware but you can uncheck the boxes for those if any that you want to keep.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Instructions are lower down the page.

Offline mobear410

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:16:00 am »
Thank you for your advise. Please share my article\post so that others will be warned about fb game room. http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 01:28:44 pm »
I'm not on any social media to warn others - why don't you contact FB and tell them.

Has using AdwCleaner helped ?

Do your USB ports work in Safe Mode ?

Offline SamSongsai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:17:56 am »
I believe it must be the most.