Author Topic: repair fix 16 error  (Read 5103 times)

Offline jerry evans

• View Profile
repair fix 16 error
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:32 am »
after four atempts fix cant start.post in forums error. Windows 7 Pro. 64 bit. running in safe mode, paid version. v3 Ididn't update to v4. Only problem I have had ever, 4-5 years need help.  :confused:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: repair fix 16 error
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 02:01:18 pm »
I don't know what you mean by cant start.post in forums error

Can you clarify ?

Offline jerry evans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:29:01 pm »
What I was try to explain: While running AIO repair on a friends Windows 7 64 bit laptop in Safe mode,did the chkdsk /r everything went as normal. Opened Repairs, selected the option with 43 jobs, went great until job 16. After 4 attempts got a message that says, couldn't start app,fix ,or job Ido
n't exactly remember the wording. BUT,said to try again or to post in the forums.I bought this program 4-5 years ago and I never had any problems,so I'm not real good at asking for help, but, I am lost on this one . :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:31 am »
If you haven't already done so, can you run a sfc /scannow to see what that reports.

If it reports it is unable to repair some files then download and run SFCFix.exe which will produce its own report and will be much more concise.

This tool needs to be run immediately after a sfc /scannow as the CBS log can be volatile.

Read the details before downloading - http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sfcfix.html

If the above isn't necessary then download and run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=20858

This is a 533MB download and sometimes it will run and other times seems to freeze, but according to Microsoft, can repair a number of seemingly unrelated problems.

I have this saved in my Downloads folder should I need to run it at some time in the future on my remaining Win 7 laptop.