Author Topic: File History  (Read 4031 times)

Offline jpmackay

• View Profile
File History
« on: October 22, 2017, 10:36:29 am »
Could not enable File History

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK when I went to Settings and click " Backup " and add the drive. I used the external back up hard drive which is F:/ and turn on File History but got the error message above.

Also when I checked the drives in " This PC " and show me the F:/ drive there in " This PC "

At last I googled it on line to find with the error code 0x800070002 for Windows 10. And seem to me that is not the one I am looking for. You try yourself to type with this error code and see what do you think of this.

Let me know about this.

John

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: File History
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 01:58:53 pm »
I went to Backup - with an ext. HDD plugged, I added the drive and I was able to turn on File history where it started backing up my files.

I don't normally use that as I used to use the Win 7 system image but as that has been deprecated in 1709, I have changed to using Macrium Reflect Free for my full images.

Can you go Start - type services.msc and press enter then scroll down to File history to check its status - it should be showing as Manual (Trigured)

Event Viewer or reliability history may give you a more accurate error or code as to why yours failed to start.

I haven't Googled that error code yet.