Author Topic: New to this program, could use some help  (Read 5568 times)

Offline theridon

• View Profile
New to this program, could use some help
« on: November 10, 2017, 07:31:13 pm »
Hi! I've been having some issues with my newly built computer less than a year old. Basically random static/audio when watching videos, frame skipping in mostly online videos. Also, some buzzing from speakers: Strangely when I load the Next Video from netflix/amazon prime, my computer hangs for .5 sec and makes a buzzing sound if I am playing audio.

The freezing problem doesn't occur in safe mode.

So I got recommended this program, but I dont know where to start and and scared not to mess up my system. I ran a pre scan and repaired some reparse points.

I ran a chkdsk a week ago, it came up with no errors.

Which main repairs should I do? Also, are there any I should be aware of that take a very long time to complete (hours)? Thanks for your help!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New to this program, could use some help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:59 am »
It may be more to do with hardware than software - have you checked the cables and re-seated the cards ?

In Safe Mode you will be using the on board VGA and not your main Graphics.

Did you build the computer yourself or have someone else do it for you ?

If you had a shop put it together for you, then I would take it back to them given its age.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:28:54 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:21:33 am »
I forgot to add that if you have any electrical devices near the speakers such as a cell phone or router etc.. the speaker cables can pick up the RF interference and give you the crackle you are experiencing.

Better quality cables have improved screening to prevent this from happening.

Offline theridon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:37:22 pm »
Hey thanks for the response sorry it has been a while. I built the PC myself.  I RMA my GPU and I will see if the new one solves any/all of my problems. The speakers causing static, I don't have any other electronic devices just my computer. Even if it is just my speakers, I've been having lots of other problems such as the one I mentioned with netflix/amazon prime, and also a lot of issues with videos (seems like just online videos), frame skipping, and a hard to describe like jittering/vibrating, sometimes even weird things like the video will play in slow motion.

I'll let you know if the new GPU fixes anything, if it doesn't my plan is to completely reinstall windows.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 12:50:20 am »
Hopefully the new GPU will resolve the video problem - not sure about the speakers, but did you try it in Safe Mode with Networking to eliminate/confirm if it was the GPU ?

Do you have the latest chipset and audio drivers for the motherboard ?

Offline theridon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »
Well in safe mode, one problem that doesn't occur is the system freezing when loading a new video in netflix/amazon. I tried disabling all task manager/msconfig startup programs but it still happens in normal mode. I've been having a few (probably) unrelated problems with video games, so I figured to go ahead with the gpu rma.

I have tried installing the audio driver from the mobo manufacturers website. For chipset, I just installed that today the "Intel INF Installation" from the mobo's website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H170-Gaming-3-rev-11#support-dl (under "Chipset" drivers). It didn't seem to do anything or even install a driver/programm. I also installed the Intel Management Engine Interface driver and same thing. I've never installed chipset drivers and not sure what to do.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 02:11:09 am »
They normally just install like any other driver.

Download the Intel auto detect to see if any of your drivers have an update.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant