Author Topic: windows don't start up  (Read 5952 times)

Offline paris

• View Profile
windows don't start up
« on: December 27, 2017, 10:52:57 pm »
hello
i download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro yesterday and run the steps as you say,i ask for check after reboot.but many hours now after reboot there are only a empty screen.i try from command promt to start my system win7pro but without result.what goes wrong and please tell me the next steps the way to start up again my system. thank you

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: windows don't start up
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:30:45 am »
Are you able to boot into Safe Mode with Networking by tapping F8 (usually) as you switch on and selecting that mode ?

If you can, open the Windows Repair program, click on Backup Tools then on Restore under Registry Backup.

Click on the Registry Restore tab and use the dropdown to select the back up that was created prior to running the repairs, then click on Restore Now.

What are you using to post with ?

Offline paris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:45:49 am »
yes i try to do this but without result,safe mode don't work and system restore too,i can't find restore under registry backup

Offline paris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:51:19 am »
have create a boot particion named x

Offline paris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:59:10 am »
i think the first file do all the work

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 06:32:17 am »
I can't read your pics very well but if you can get into the Recovery Environment to select Startup Repair, then select Command Prompt and enter rstrui.exe and that will get you to your restore points, but run a chkdsk /f from there first which may resolve the issue.

Enter bcdedit |find "osdevice" and using the partition letter it gives, use that instead of the x in chkdsk x: /f

From the Recovery Environment Command Prompt, it won't require a reboot to execute.

You need to run the bcdedit cmd as it doesn't always see the volume as in C: in that mode.

For clarity, that's a Pipe symbol before find and is the uppercase of \

If you have access to another Win 7 machine then you can create a System Repair Disk to boot up with which will get you to the Recovery Environment.

I'm not sure about that partition x as to whether that will confuse things.

I've emailed Support  to see if there's an answer as to why your machine wouldn't boot up, but with it being the holidays, I'm not sure when I'll get a reply.

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 07:36:17 am »
The startup repair is actually a windows issue - not the Tweaking Repair program.  Did you run this in safe mode for our repairs? Becuase I suspect there was another underlying issue.

Either way this "should" get you back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkIGGE8hJpI