Author Topic: CMD not working on repair  (Read 5372 times)

Offline sotar79

• View Profile
CMD not working on repair
« on: January 22, 2018, 12:02:48 pm »
Hello to all I tried to repair my currently installed windows 10 laptop installation after an allegedly virus attack then I ran up tweaking in safe boot mode.

unfortunately I was not able to perform correctly the repair process since the cmd was not popped out and linked with an error message.

On this case I would like to ask about any proper solution to fix this bug which is currently preventing to run the program properly.

Thanks for all upcoming collaborations

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMD not working on repair
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:10:12 pm »
Can you give more details how you tried to repair your machine prior to running Windows Repair and how did you remove the infection - and what was it ?

If the infection is still present then that can have anomalous effects on the system.

I think that to ensure that your machine is completely infection free would be to create a Kaspersky Rescue Disk and boot up with that.

This article includes the instructions - https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/viruses/rescuedisk

I would advise using the graphics mode and Ethernet connect as it needs to be connected to the Internet to update its Definitions.

This scan can take a while to complete.

Offline sotar79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:26:05 pm »
Hello again, 

Thanks for the answer,  apparently there was an infection located on the mbr rootkit  after a couple scans one with tdsskiler from karspersky and the aswmbr detector the main infection was allegedly removed.

though at the moment I can only run the OS under the administration mode and as I have previously commented aside from a basic navigation I have tried to run the tweaking repair system which has prevented to launch the cmd in order to conduct all the repair actions.

Apparently a rescue disk option could be also well considered as a clean security measure. 

Thanks again for the assistance   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:46 am »
The infection may have corrupted your user account and to a degree, your local user admin account.

Have you tried creating new accounts to see if that is the case, but I'd see how things are after running the Kaspersky Rescue Disk