Author Topic: Solved - Re Windows Repair-AIO Program unregisters itself Safe Mode  (Read 6042 times)

Offline hollyberry

• View Profile
Hello,
I recently upgraded my license to version 4.0.12. When I go to Safe Mode in Windows 8.1-64bit, to run the program, it reverts to unregistered mode, "Houston We Have A Problem", and I cannot use any of the pro features when I do a repair.
Not in Safe Mode: the program is registered and shows my name.
(MS disabled Safe Mode with Networking on my computer for some reason).

Can anyone help me with this? Have no idea what to do at this point.
Thanks in Advance.....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:36:35 pm by hollyberry »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Program is not registered in Safe Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:58:58 pm »
Have you tried an Ethernet connection in Safe Mode with Networking as in Win 8/8.1 just as in Win 10, wireless is disabled in that mode.

However, while I don't know if this works in Win 8.1 but while on the desktop press CTRL+ALT+DEL then click on the WiFi icon and click on Connect for your SSID.

Left click away from that pane to clear then click on Cancel and hopefully you'll have wireless connectivity again.

Offline hollyberry

• View Profile
Re: Windows Repair-AIO Program unregisters itself in Safe Mode
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:22:17 pm »
Thanks Boggin, but Wireless connectivity is not the problem. I used to use the free version without Networking in Safe Mode all the time. It works fine.  I bought and paid for the right to use the Advanced Pro Features of Windows Repair-AIO program when I do a repair. The program can be run in Safe mode with, or without networking, but the prerequisite for using the "Pro Features" is registration. I PAID FOR, and downloaded the program, and applied my name and serial number, and registered the program online. I restarted it, and the program is then a "Pro" version, registered to my name. I reboot to safe mode to use the program, as those are the instructions, but when I open it, I'm met by the Unregistered Free version of the program, and cant use the "Pro Features and Special Fixes and Tweaks, I paid for. My registration details have disappeared from the program's About page. I'm offered to use the program's free version, or enter my registration details again. However with M$ removing access to Safe Mode with Networking in Windows 8.1, I cant enter my registration info again, as I'm not online. I feel cheated. I want my money back, as I'm not getting what I paid for. What was the point for paying for Pro Features promised?  :angry:
When I reboot again, and go back online the program is registered. But, All repairs must be run in Safe Mode.
Please, what to do? Who to contact? I cant find a Contact Us, or Support on the Tweaking.com website for customers.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re Windows Repair-AIO Program unregisters itself Safe Mode
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »
It has to be online to register as the Pro version as well as for the app repairs.

In Win 8/8.1 and Win 10, in Safe Mode with Networking, Windows disables wireless so you would need to Ethernet connect to get an Internet connection.

However, this works in Win 10 so you can try it in Win 8.1

In Safe Mode with Networking while on the desktop press CTRL+ALT+DELETE then click on the WiFi icon then on your SSID and Connect.

Left click away to close that pane then click on Cancel where you should see a full WiFi icon and wireless connectivity.

Offline hollyberry

• View Profile
SOLVED-Re: Re Windows Repair-AIO Program unregisters itself Safe Mode
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:28:44 pm »
Thanks, Boggin. As I said, "I PAID FOR, and downloaded the program, and applied my name and serial number, and registered the program online." I was well aware the program had to be online to register it.

However, the problem has been resolved. I was sent a quick little update that took care of the error. Thank you to whoever noticed and did that for me. Too awesome!! Stays registered in Safe Mode.

I will be trying you're trick re Safe Mode With Networking. Sounds great. Hope it works on 8.1 too. Thanks so much Boggin for trying to help. Much appreciated!!  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:33:20 pm by hollyberry »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Solved - Re Windows Repair-AIO Program unregisters itself Safe Mode
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:53:36 am »
Glad to see that things have been resolved for you.