Author Topic: Can not start a PC game and activate the game controller  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Musu

• View Profile
Can not start a PC game and activate the game controller
« on: January 25, 2018, 11:39:06 am »
Dear all.

I am an old school and quite a computer illiterate PC user trying to help my 6 year old son to install and activate the PC game Plants vs Zombies that Santa brought him. We have Windows 7 on our PC. I managed to install the game, however, it said that we need to update the driver version. Nevertheless, you can still play the game, as the warning said, but there may be stability, performance and visibility issues. The game seems fine - very visual and very normal - everything is moving well and plays us the Plants versus Zombies game introductory movie. None of the arrows move, we can not use the arrows or the mouse, and we can not seem to activate the game controller. I have checked - it is properly installed and is working, but it says: Device USB\VID_045E&PID_0719\E17376B0 requires further installation. The green light surrounding the ball is blinking but does not lit up. So, there - I do not know what to do. Is our Windows version too old for this game or can we still play? What do I have to do to get the controller activated and working?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can not start a PC game and activate the game controller
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:25:54 pm »
From a Google search, the game would seem to be compatible for Win 7 through to Win 10.

I would see if there's an update for your video drivers then go into Device Manager by going Start - type devmgmt.msc and press enter, click on View/Show hidden devices.

Expand Non-Plug and Play drivers then right click on what may be relevant and select Update driver software and use the default search online then expand System devices and work your way through those doing the same.

In my Win 7 Sound, video and game controllers, I only have AMD and Realtek audio devices listed, but with that game loaded, it may have added something in yours.