Author Topic: real hard adwar to remove,, caused so much trouble  (Read 5819 times)

Offline xenon

• View Profile
real hard adwar to remove,, caused so much trouble
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:37:48 pm »
I finally removed a sticker this opened advertising on the edge and would not stop
but it did deposit some more real problems
it disconnected the w10 defender , messed with firewall
and stuck a lot of exe files all over the place

what I cant get rid of  after removes all virus and adware programs
i find in the registary of defender adware =0   viris  =0    when it should go back to 1 each to open defender again

also i dont know if these in reg are required or again placed by this adwar  see attachments
 :angry:
 I have tried many a so called solution but no joy to this  problem I am left with no updates error  ox80070003

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: real hard adwar to remove,, caused so much trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:59:36 am »
I've moved your thread to Computer Help and have asked an antimalware expert to see if he can help you.

Can you itemise what you have tried so far to clean up your machine.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: real hard adwar to remove,, caused so much trouble
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 01:33:31 pm »
Hi - I don't know how you are getting on with this or if you have resolved it yourself, but I've had a reply from the antimalware expert and he suspects that you could be infected with a SmartService infection - but to deal with it, he requires you to register on the BleepingComputer.com forum and go through the malware pre-posting requirements at https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

If you have problems using your computer but have an alternative means of reading this thread, then boot it up into Safe Mode with Networking by pressing and holding SHIFT throughout a Restart then click on Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Startup Settings - Restart - then press F5

Win 10 disables wireless in this mode so you can either Ethernet connect or while on the desktop, press CTRL+ALT+DEL then click on your wireless icon in the system tray - click on your SSID and then on Connect - left click away to cancel that pane then click on Cancel where you will then have a wireless connection.