Author Topic: Computer will not load or go into safe mode  (Read 15767 times)

Offline Siver12

• View Profile
Re: Computer will not load or go into safe mode
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 05:43:10 am »
I have tried everything. It will not get out of this loop

Offline Siver12

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 05:45:36 am »
Ive only been able to get it into safe mode 2x in over a week. Cant find any restore points. I just actually had it in and every option I tried gave an error
I dont know what the heck happened. Everyone here has to give me help has been great. I just don't get it

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 05:57:37 am »
How do you mean that Kaspersky was acting weird ?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 11:01:31 am »
If you can get to the advanced boot options from booting up with an install disk and clicking on Repair your computer on the Install screen, select Command Prompt and see if these cmds will help.

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /rebuildbcd

That one should return a 0 for installations - if it returns more than 0 and asks you if you want to include it, type and enter n

Enter exit to close the cmd window, remove the install disk and select shutdown the computer to see what it's like when you switch back on.

Offline ergo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 11:22:54 pm »

Jeez is no one else looking at the news? Even Flynn (who got fired by both the Obama Administration and then the Trump Administration sounded the alarms many  years ago while he was security analyst or whatever that Kaspersky was not safe and their virus scanner was hacking computers.  Even 60 minutes interviewed Kaspersky about this.  After Obama fired Flynn for other stuff, Flynn went on to making a big profit consulting for Kaspersky.  The company that loaded massive $ into Trump's bank account.

Never mind, the main point is that now the US federal government recognizes that Kaspersky is a hacker and gave a deadline somewhere soon where every government agency has to make sure they do not have Kaspersky on their computers.

That may be neither here not there but it gets my hide, I know so many people using it to check their computers.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 01:26:39 am »

Jeez is no one else looking at the news? Even Flynn (who got fired by both the Obama Administration and then the Trump Administration sounded the alarms many  years ago while he was security analyst or whatever that Kaspersky was not safe and their virus scanner was hacking computers.  Even 60 minutes interviewed Kaspersky about this.  After Obama fired Flynn for other stuff, Flynn went on to making a big profit consulting for Kaspersky.  The company that loaded massive $ into Trump's bank account.

Never mind, the main point is that now the US federal government recognizes that Kaspersky is a hacker and gave a deadline somewhere soon where every government agency has to make sure they do not have Kaspersky on their computers.

That may be neither here not there but it gets my hide, I know so many people using it to check their computers.

The Kaspersky Rescue Disk while no doubt using its own Definitions is not the Kaspersky AV program that you install.

I have successfully used its recovery attributes twice in the past to get me back up following a black screen and white pointer even though my computer was not infected.

Somehow, it also has healing properties.

Read what it does - https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/viruses/rescuedisk

When you boot up with this disk, it doesn't boot into Windows but into memory.

Offline Siver12

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 11:50:25 am »
NOw do  you use a usb drive  an actual disk

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 03:37:36 pm »
You can use either if you can get the machine to boot up with them.

You can also try bootrec /fixboot

That may run better in Win 8.1 than it does in Win 10 1709.

If the bootrec cmds don't do anything, boot back up with the install media and go back to the Command Prompt and enter -

bcdedit |find "osdevice"

and using that partition letter instead of the x I have exampled, enter chkdsk x: /r to see what that reports.

For clarity, that's a Pipe symbol before find in the bcdedit cmd and is the uppercase of \

Enter exit to close the cmd window, remove the install media and shutdown then see what it's like on the reboot.

If that's still a no go then boot back up with the install media back to the cmd prompt and enter this cmd, again using your partition letter instead of the X I have exampled.

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=X:\ /offwindir=X:\Windows and see what that reports.

Note the space before each /

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 09:49:48 am »
For clarification, did you run the Tweaking program in safe mode, using the repair program to get you into Safe Mode with Networking and did you have an Internet connection in that mode ?