Author Topic: Internet Explorer Problem  (Read 4436 times)

Offline MSRadell

• View Profile
Internet Explorer Problem
« on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:12 am »
I'm having 2 problems with IE11 on my Windows 10x64 Pro laptop.  It keeps freezing randomly and I get Script Errors on random websites when switching between pages.  I've already tried the repair tool and the Windows Repair utility provided by Tweaking.com as well as several other suggestions with no help.  I also completely removed all reference to Internet Explorer from the appdata/local files under my username with no effect.  As a last resort I even tried a complete repair installation of Windows 10 and that didn't help!

Short of doing a complete reinstallation of Windows 10 from scratch which I really don't want to get into because of all the various software's I have installed does anybody have any ideas what I can try to repair Windows 10?  I know I could use a different browser but because of my disability I have to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking for most computer control and for typing and Internet Explorer is the only browser that is fully integrated into.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Explorer Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 10:49:30 am »
You already have a thread open on this - did you work your way through the link I'd posted ?

This is you old thread - http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,5698.0.html

Just to ensure you haven't picked up a PuP, download and run a scan with AdwCleaner - https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

During its scan it may list programs it considers as unwanted which you can uncheck if you want to keep them.

Offline MSRadell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 10:57:14 am »
Yes I know I had a thread already on this topic but it had quite a few postings already and sometimes people will add anything to when it has a lot of suggestions or ideas.  I thought a fresh posting on top might get me some more interest.  I also have already tried AdwCleaner and it didn't find anything that needed removal.

Unfortunately I'm still having the problem and it is very frustrating.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 11:04:32 am »
You shouldn't duplicate post - but did you work your way through that article for the things you may not have tried ?

Please respond in your old thread as I will eventually will be removing this one.