Author Topic: WR-AIO Minor Quibble  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Digerati

• View Profile
WR-AIO Minor Quibble
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:15:29 am »
I never install anything but the OS, OS updates, and hardware drivers on my boot (C:) drive. I always install programs somewhere under D, and in this case, D:\Utilities\Windows Repair AIO, and in my Start Menu, I have its shortcut under Utilities too.

The problem is, if WR-AIO is already installed and you are installing a newer version, the installer does not recognize a previous version and instead of updating the old in the existing install locations, it attempts to install the new (and now 2nd) version under C:\Program Files and under its own folder in the Start menu.

It would be good if the installer would first look for any previous installs, then prompt the user to use those locations.

PS - just noticed under Repair Missing Start Menu Icons, the repair Info says, "move by rouge virus". Well, the virus may be rosy red (rouge) but I think you meant "rogue". However, since I don't know of any virus that is not rogue, I think it should just say "malware".

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:20:16 am by Digerati »
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2017

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: WR-AIO Minor Quibble
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:54 am »
The problem is, if WR-AIO is already installed and you are installing a newer version, the installer does not recognize a previous version and instead of updating the old in the existing install locations, it attempts to install the new (and now 2nd) version under C:\Program Files and under its own folder in the Start menu.

I use setup factory v9 to make my installers. I dont know if it has an option to pull the install path if it is already installed, I know it doesnt by default but I will see if I can find anything on it. :wink:

PS - just noticed under Repair Missing Start Menu Icons, the repair Info says, "move by rouge virus". Well, the virus may be rosy red (rouge) but I think you meant "rogue". However, since I don't know of any virus that is not rogue, I think it should just say "malware".

When it comes to math, programming and such my mind is sharp. When it comes to words and spelling I would look like a boob without spell check lol. My mind keeps mixing the letters. So one thing you will find a lot with my sites and work, misspellings lol.

I count on users to let me know when they find them lol.

Shane

Offline Digerati

• View Profile
Re: WR-AIO Minor Quibble
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:45:04 pm »
I count on users to let me know when they find them lol.
I count on Speckie. ;)
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2017

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────