Author Topic: are those ntuser.ini,ntuser.dat and netuser.dat.log generated or system files  (Read 12460 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, My user profile it seems corrupted, with not those files present in the user profile folder. Instead, i am having netuser.ini, netuser.dat , but two or more files of netuser.dat.log1 and netuser.dat.log2. I tried to create the new user account and then copy the profile folders excepting these files , but if i just log on with a user account already have, the same files copied .If i delete those files in the hope that it would get recreated, i am afraid that it does not.
If i am having the same set of those files , then i get another corrupted profile.
Is there a way out , how to copy these files.
If available for windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, please send those ,
I can delete but not could create. I suppose, it does not autocreate if it is deleted.
I tried to copy those files by unselecting these files, but if had not logged in to the new user account, then the user account is not shown in c:user folder .
Please give me solution.
What are those log1 2 files , and some regtrans files with ntuser guid numbers
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A Google on those would suggest they are normal.

Do you have your computer set to show hidden files ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
My doubt is , the microsoft article on change of profile only has ntuser.ini,ntuser.dat, and ntuser.dat.log.
But perusal of my picture would show that there are more files with bif extention and regtrans ms . Are those normal.
Since i thought, that this denotes a kind of corrupted user, i changed the user name and tried to avoid copyiing these files. They are not recreated if you just delete using admin account.
If you are not logged , then you do not see that user name in c:user folder.
what those log1 and log2 files.
Are those created when i set some settings in programs
i googled but do not know, if the user profile is corrupt or not?
How to find if a user file is corrupt.
i had some 1530 user profile error for this SID user account, which shows registry leaks by the avast program when closing the pc.
How to know if a user profile is corrupted or not pl

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think they could be log back ups.

Do you have any other problems - I would think that if your user profile was corrupt then some things wouldn't work and you could get an error message.

Does Event Viewer record anything amiss for this ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
i had some 1530 user profile error for this SID user account, which shows registry leaks by the avast program when closing the pc.
How to know if a user profile is corrupted or not pl
Please see the error code, where there was mention of registry leaks during the shutdown, on restart of a pc. Ofcourse, the windows just removes the handles to close itself. But registry leak is my concern.
Are those files are user preferences of application and settings , that one do in the course of time, in alerting windows alerts by okaying or denying?
Are they not necesary when one create a new profile.
Normally msoft advises to copy the user data from the old profile to new proflle without the ntuser bunch of files.
If those are not recreated , what it tells directly or indirectly.
If those are only registry user preferences copied to the personal user accounts , then could we just create and log in the new account, without bothering about those things.
are there anyway to open and view the contents of those files.
Normallyl , we try new user, if we have any problem in old user account, but how to say that the old profile is corrupt? I googled but could not get any thing clear.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins thank you very much for the exact link, in which this was shown as waring in win 7 and information iin windows 8. So , Now i am sure that this warning does not produce the internet cut during restart.
Whenevaer i restart the pc, my internet light goes off, then dsl starts blinking , the internet light turns red and then reestablishes the connection. It is only happening in my windows 7. Thought that those warnings are the cause for the same. But your link certainlyl dismissed those.
why this behaviour?
i have tried all sorts of tricks, but could not fix it.
I will give a clue. My isp has not switched over to ipv6 and i also just enabled ipv4 in my router initial settings.
Is it normal to get this behaviour? i.e, when we shutdown and restart, the ethernet port power is off and then on.
please

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes the Ethernet light will go off as the computer is switched off and then come on again as it assigns a DHCP IP address when it is switched back on.

On your Win 7 machine can you go Start - type ncpa.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

Right click on either adapter and select Properties and uncheck the box for (TCP/IPv6) - OK and do the same for the other adapter.

Can you then go into Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices and expand Network Adapters.

Do you have a MS Virtual adapter listed ?

If you do and don't use a VPN then run a command prompt as an admin and enter this cmd -

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

shutdown /r /t 00

Then see how it performs after the reboot.

Reboot anyway if you only have (TCP/IPv6) to uncheck.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:30:53 am by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins, let me say that i have done what you say.
I have disabled ipv6 in network adapter, lan,
What is meant by either adapter? I am only having one lan network wired adapter.
Ofcourse, i am having dlink combo router and modem wifi, thro which i am connecting other devices thro wifi.
I am senidng the show all hidden netowrk devices to you to know, which one is virtual adapter? Please say
A sub query:
        what is bridged and not bridged connection.
       My ISP configured the router by wiz and then he went to the channel config page to change as Bridged ethernet, instead of disabled  and other menu
What this bridged connection denote, ? in wired connection
Should it not be?
My staff says that bridged connection is the one to be selected. But previously all my routers did not have this settings changed by ISP.
Please say , what is bridged? Is that settings made my combo modem only act as modem only and not router.
Then what it denotes in layman understanding?
When i type my router page ip, ilt opens . That means it is also router?
The terminology confuses me much more than anything.
your valuled suggestions please boggin

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sorry, I forgot you only have Ethernet on that computer and you don't have a MS Virtual adapter which you wouldn't have as it's a wireless adapter.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/what-is-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter/

It may have been that your ISP tech set your computer to Bridged mode so that you could connect to other machines that you wouldn't normally be able to because of only using a wired connection.

If you don't need that feature then you can turn it off.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7-8-10/

Did it make any difference after unchecking (TCP/IPv6) and rebooting ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins,
After i disabled the ipv6 (after doing all the microsoft fixes, lilke creating override key, in registry, and some like, enabling g only in bgn settings in wireless, creating some keys, i was still getting the start internet cut problem.But as you , said, i went to adapter settings and just unchecked the ipv6. One or two restart shows no sign of internet loss. Let me try one or more restarts to check further to report fully .
Now i do not also have the user profile registry leaks by avast error 1530.
Could you say, how those are related, please
Could you also say, what is the main difference between bridged mode and not in bridge mode.
From your reply , it suggest that it is to be done to connect more devices .
I wish to state that i was having the same set of devices , without the bridge mode also.

Some settings in router in wireless part,  only gives access to laptop,thro btooth and smartphones by the wifi settings in the router.
What is the  exact difference, of bridged and non bridged connection.
Do you mean that if it is not bridged, then i could not connect  with the same devices i mentioned.
Some says that bridged connection makes the router as just modem and it will not route?
I could not quite clearly understand what it is meant.
please

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, After replying to your post,
I had an unusual situation, suddenly internet light turns red, but dsl does not blink.
Troubleshooting suggested that your modem is experiencing connectivity issues and the details is
this:
The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn’t receive network traffic from the Internet
After a few minutes, the internet light becomes green to give me internet access.
What is this behaviour. Previously, the dsl also blinks after internet light goes off, but now only internet light turns red for some time.
The speed and telephone ring has no problem.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The only thing I know about Bridged mode is in that article.

While I have three laptops and no other devices, I don't transfer data between them except via an USB stick.

If you get what you want without having Bridge mode enabled, then turn it off.

Were you still getting the registry leaks reported before you unchecked TCP/IPv6 in the computer ?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
For your new Internet problem have a look in Event Viewer to see what has been recorded - it could be a driver/service problem or your AV program getting in the way.

From what you have posted about Avast reporting, I'd try another AV program - it certainly seems intrusive.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, suggest another free one without intrusion and menu friendly.
Is mcafee available for free. Could you Really recommend that?
Regarding event viewer, do you want only warning and errors or all the logs including information, audit pass and audit fail.
Where i could see those logs, in dhcp or dns or something others ple

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you click on Error then on View All Instances of This Event in the lower right pane, click on the Event IDs that match the date and time stamp ones for when you lost Internet.

You could give Bitdefender Free a go to see how it runs on your machine - I found it a bit slow to auto start on boot on my Win 10 machine, but it may work better on Win 7.

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I already tried that . But it seems that you have to install some other framework for this to work. trendmicro very odd and not user friendly. avg is avast's. panda, two slow and unnecessay popups,and others not at all tried.
Avast was my preference  for years.
Ok.
The event viewer just shows the 1014 error id, name resolution for the ..com timed out error, nothing else.
Noted that the router time , in status page, is as old as 1970, where the router also would not have been made.
Is that anything to do with the connection issue.
Today, i saw the date and changed the prefered time from copy computer time to server and just selected the dlink time server. Now the date and time is shown correctly.
Have to watch tomorrow if this works.
any idea

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's a few months since I tried Bitdefender but I didn't have to install anything else.

Yes, the router's time could have had an effect but prior to that and unchecking TCP/IPv6, your Internet had gone back to working properly, so may not have been a determining factor.

You could try a power cycle on your router and then see what time it is showing.

This can also resolve connectivity problems.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, The router time shows 1st January 1970. I could not imagine, why this is happening?
I was advised by some technician that thre was an attack on my ISP's routers and the first suggestion, he gave me to change the settings of time from ntp server default to copy computer time.So, i selected that option and save the settings. But , it changes itself to 1st january 1970. What would have been the issue. Is the router defective?
Is bitdefencer is a online program? unlike avast? like eset online scanner

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bitdefender gets its new definitions online - if that's what you mean.

As for the router, if it is ISP supplied then I would query the time with them - it may need a firmware update.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins,
                        i checked he firmware wihe dlink. They say that i have the latest firmware.
By the By,
                          On restart of windows
                          if i remove the ethernet cable from modem, there is no problem of dsl blink and internet loss
                          If i connect the ethernet, then, i get this problem for sure.
                          Modem has no problem, as i have checked the modem with dlink centre.
Could you kindly say where to look for?
Is it in the connection between the ethernet cable  of modem and pc port
please

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you tried different ports on the router ?

What I have found with Ethernet cables that I've had is the clip gets broken so it isn't locked either into the router port or the Ethernet port on the computer.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I have checked. ofcourse, the port on pc , is showing as connected, as otherwise, i would not get ethernet/ Is it correct?
Ofcourse, the click sound is missing on that port. It was a NiC card connected to the mother board of my pc. Is there any thing i could do with some kind of attachment, llke connector on the port to reconnect the ethernet cable. I hope you understand what i mean?
How to check , if there is a kind of loose connection on that port.
Only the click sound is missing and this mother board has no showi only ng of green or amber lights as i usually got when i had the other mother board, older one.
Will this be the cause of intermittent cut on restart? please give your valuable advice.
I checked again and again, and found that this issue is occuring only if i connect the ethernet and start the pc?
The dsl light is ok and so the internet cut happens only because of loose connection or no click connection!
Is there any connector available to connect the ethernet jack outside? pl
P S: I found sound network usb adapters in google search. But my problem is, how to disable the motherboard  adapter? Moreover, will the ethernet work , if i use the usb ports to connect thro the network adapter, as it is another form of connection to the network card inside the pc.
Please give your advice on that.
PS2: I have checked by removing the ethernet end at pcs back and just plugging get me internet access and so i do not have any problem with the connection , it seems, but any how
when i restart the windows, when the windows UI is loading, the "starting windows" screen comes and four coloured icon is processed, i get this disconnection of dsl.
Does wireless devices have any thing to do with this problem.
I do not have any wireless adapter but getting wifi thro the modem
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:29:47 pm by jraju »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you examined the end of the Ethernet cable.

It has a spring loaded clip that locks it into the port which you have to press down to remove it.

So are you saying that when Ethernet connected the DSL light goes out on the router when the computer is first switched on and going through its boot process ?

Prior to switching on next time, check to see if the Ethernet cable is fully plugged in and secure.

With a laptop that is easily moved which can dislodge an insecure Ethernet cable but with a desktop PC, the tower wouldn't be subject to that inadvertent movement.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
So are you saying that when Ethernet connected the DSL light goes out on the router when the computer is first switched on and going through its boot process ?
Yes, this is the problem. if i remove the ethernet wire from router, then there is no blinking during the boot process and subsequent restarts.
I have checked the modem for errors , nothing, and also checked the dsl line, it is not blinking always, except for the reason i mentioned above.
i checked the ethernet wire on both sides, and found no problem of broken or wire being damaged.
When dlink checked, they found no blinking or any of the problem i mentioned in their service centre
PS: i issued command netcfg -s n,
It list all the information connected with the network
I found 3 nano adaptors entries of dlink dw131 in those. I did not know, where to find those hidden adapters. I remember that i have used the dlink nano once upon. Then i looked on network adapters in computer management. I could not find even after show all hidden devices.
Then i downloaded nirsoft usbdview and found those listed in the scan. I just deleted using that interface and now it is not shown in netcfg command.
But still the problem persists.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:02:44 am by jraju »