Author Topic: are those ntuser.ini,ntuser.dat and netuser.dat.log generated or system files  (Read 11958 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well if it only has an Ethernet connection then until it is wired up then DHCP will not assign it an IP address.

This is probably part of that process.

I don't think this is anything to worry about as long as you do have a stable connection once the machine is fully booted.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, But do you experience the same thing. I.e, when you restart your computer, your dsl light also blinks to get reconnection? The ethernet light blinks when shutdown before restart, a flash of a second and then stay on. But dsl light blinks.
Secondly, the same thing is not happening when tested at other places including the service centre of dlink.
Hi, Boggin, how used usb devices, such as nano adapters are shown in netcfg /s n. Would it not cease to exit? Moreover, it is showing usb hardware ids in the command prompt. I could only detect and delete thro usbdview by nirsoft utility.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You can remove any network profiles in the registry.

Create a restore point then go Start - type regedit and press enter - accept the UAC and navigate -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/NetworkList/Profiles

You will see as many keys as you have had devices connected.

Clicking on each will show what they are for in the right pane.

You can delete what you don't want by right clicking on them and selecting Delete then do the same in Signatures/Unmanaged

Close up the sections - File/Exit to close the registry editor.

If you've removed any, see what it's like after rebooting the computer.

It isn't marked as DSL on my router but as Broadband, but it remains solid, although I normally boot up with just a wireless connection.

I only wire up when I'm downloading Windows Updates or a large file like an ISO.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:41:40 am by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, But those are not showing in the said registry key. Probably deleting thro nirsoft would have removed them permanentlly from here.
But how unused, once used usb nano drivers would be shown, in onlyl netcfg /s n
Yes of course, idid find one wireless network profile i used before for wireless network , there, but would it try to load at the start up is the query?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No, it wouldn't.

It would only assign a DHCP address to whichever adapter is active in the computer.

If you only have Ethernet on that machine, while the router will broadcast a wireless signal all of the time, it shouldn't try to connect a machine which doesn't have wireless.

I have the profiles for two other routers that I've used but leave them as it means that when I connect those up, I don't have to enter the password for to connect to them.

When you log into the router and check to see what devices are connected or have been connected in the previous 24hrs, do you see any that you don't recognise or feel shouldn't be there.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I do not have any unkinown device, my pc and my two android phones. No extra device shown.
Moreover, i already told you that i have uninstalled those wireless unused drivers, those which i tested when i used a wireless connection with the dlink dongle nano wireless adapter