Author Topic: #4 registering system files taking hours  (Read 4727 times)

Offline bayrec

• View Profile
#4 registering system files taking hours
« on: June 09, 2018, 12:43:09 pm »
Good Afternoon -
 I have used Tweaking repair tools before with positive results but I am having a problem. When it comes to repair #4 registering system files, it ran for 8 hours yesterday and I closed the window. This is Windows 10 64 home edition. The computer was infected but confident it is clean now. I have run SFC /scannow and it shows no errors. Computer is running well at this point but wondering why I cant get thru #4 repair. Tried again today and closed the windows after 5 hours. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: #4 registering system files taking hours
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 01:56:39 pm »
There are problems with the repair program and Win 10 1803 at the moment so I would advise not using it just yet - but in any event, I would also advise creating a system image onto external media before running the repair program.

As an additional check to see if your computer is completely clean, boot up into Safe Mode with Networking and download and run the ESET Free Online Scanner.

https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/

Check the top button then click on Advanced and check all boxes except for Archives and Proxy.