Author Topic: Windows Store  (Read 3716 times)

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
Windows Store
« on: June 17, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »
I know that windows 10 store keeps changing but it would be nice to see some broken down (not one button fix) for the store.
I currently have tons of temp files in the windows directory after I upgraded which most say  Component failure code = 0x80070005
I would buy this tool if it was able to fix the store but it says because of the constant changes this feature has been disabled.
Figuring that the store is changing there must be a section by section way to repair or renew the store rather then a one button approach that
is disabled because of the changes. Maybe an optional script patch that can be downloaded to keep up to date with the changes would work ?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Store
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 01:18:17 am »
As you can see from this article, there can be a number of reasons for that error code.

http://www.eassos.com/how-to/fix-error-code-0x80070005.php

It advocates running its own repair program which I don't but the manual steps are valid and I would advise creating a system image onto external media before proceeding with any changes.

Because of problems occurring with Win 10 after running Tweaking.com Windows Repair, I would advise against running that program on Win 10 at the moment to resolve any permission problems.

As an alternative, you can perform a repair install which won't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

If you don't have Win 10 install media, you can create it after reading the instructions at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

With the computer booted up, open Windows Explorer/This PC - insert the install disk or USB and double click on its drive.

This will start the process if using a disk but will open to its files if using an USB, where you would then double click on setup Application.

This takes about 3½hrs on my Win 10 Home machines and you may have to reset any default changes you had made.

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
Re: Windows Store
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:30:22 am »
Thanks for the suggestions I will look into it