Author Topic: Anti virus showing it's not monitoring after tweaking.  (Read 6105 times)

Offline cnnashman

• View Profile
Anti virus showing it's not monitoring after tweaking.
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:10:38 pm »
After using advanced system tweaker for some reason in action center it says currently not monitoring and to find another Anti virus online.  I cant figure it out because my Kaspersky anti virus says everythings fine outside of action center.

I did make sure to turn it off temporarily during the fixing part like the program stated.  What i did was download the AST on to my computer and when i got to the fix all the issues part  i disabled my AV and let it run off line since it was disabled.

Now action center is telling me i have no current AV but outside of it it works fine. Thanks Shane and your services are real lifesavers.  If i didn't need to rip up couch cushions to find bus fare i would contribute in a NY minute.  I do however tell everybody i know about how good your programs are.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Anti virus showing it's not monitoring after tweaking.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:57:36 am »
The advanced system tweaking doesn't touch that, do you mean the Windows Repair All in one?

If so that is normal. The Repair WMI tool is what does that. The WMI is used to write to tell the action center. Since the WMI is rebuilt the section that the antivirus wrote to it is gone. But after a couple of reboots or a update is done in the Antivirus the antivirus program will write to the WMI again and put it back :wink:

I was trying to find a way to read and store that info in WMI so I could have the repair program put it back to avoid the confusion to users. But I couldnt find any docs on it yet.

Shane

Offline cnnashman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:36:54 am »
I apologize about getting the programs mixed up.  That's good to know, i find your programs to be very helpful and trustworthy. I always end up at Tweaking when i'm at wits end,  but thats directly related to my atrocious computing skills more than my desire to want to be here.

Thanks again :wink:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:17 am »
No problem :-)

Shane